Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion on the Petit.

Default Your Opinion on the Petit.

Now I know there are some customer testimonies about the PC in the shop but I would like to hear some fresh opinions. What do you think of the PC? I looking to possibly purchase
    one for my saber. I've been keeping an eagle eye out for any Crystal Focus boards but I'm not too sure if getting one is going to come to fruition. If that's the case I'm gonna go with
    PC but I would just like to hear what you guys think about the PC first. Thank you very much everybody.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

It's a pretty good soundboard.

It's great for the price. CFs are hard to get a hold of, and the PC-U has most of the features you're gonna want in a board. Not to mention that Erv is putting together a GUI that allows you to configure the board directly through your Windows or Mac...

Next to the CF, it is the soundboard of choice.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I have 2 and I will not use anything else unless I get a CF. Its adjustable, easy to install, and and the sound quality is great. For the price, you cant beat it. Hope you get one you will not be dissapointed.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

the last two posts sum it perfectly..

the sound quality is still really good!

and unless you can a CF... for FoC, multiple sound banks, other effects (more blinkies..etc)

a PC is the 'only' choice.

I'm currently finishing up my first PC build, all the features are awesome for the price, and it's readily available, providing you got the cash to throw down on one, however the only thing I don't like is the location of the switch solder pads.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you have trouble with the switch pads, you can solder your wires to the accompanying pads on the bottom of the board.

You can use the ground from the accent LED pads but you still need to wire two positive from the middle of the board.

On topic, the PC is a great board. Love the sound and motion detection. As easy to wire as an FX board and readily available.

Cool

It is very good... If you get the settings just right it is a joy to own.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious