Thread: how to make the flash on clash feature

Default how to make the flash on clash feature

i was checking out vaders valt and one of their lightsabers had a flash on clash feture how do i do that

You needs CF and multi die led.

Theres a few ways to do it. All depends on how good you want the effect to be and how good you are with electronics.

by far the easiest and cheapest way is to wire up a clash sensor (like found in TCSS store) to a transistor to act as a switch on the negative of what ever LED you want to flash. this will only give you a brief uncontrolled flash when the momentary mechanism of the clash sensor (switch) is contacting.

The other easy way to do it is to make a basic 555 timer circuit to control the flash. This gives you adjustable flash length and brightness.
    I think someone on the FX forums has already got a prototype of this
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNicholasBrothers#p/u look through his vids i think he might be selling them.

other way is to buy a cheap micro controller like a picaxe or arduino and program that to flash with the clash sensor. much more difficult but I can send you the code for it if you need.
    So what, I made a cancer stick

lots of words any body have a simpler way hahahaha JK JK but seruosly im a noob HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Magnus. View Post
    The other easy way to do it is to make a basic 555 timer circuit to control the flash. This gives you adjustable flash length and brightness.
    I think someone on the FX forums has already got a prototype of this
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNicholasBrothers#p/u look through his vids i think he might be selling them.
    That would be me
    The 555 solution works, but I didn't like the lack of functionality it gives. I guess if you've been following my channel you've seen the redesign with the PIC microcontroller.

Quote Originally Posted by qai-lan-malgus View Post
    lots of words any body have a simpler way hahahaha JK JK but seruosly im a noob HELP!!!!
    Well, to be honest, you haven't given us much to work with. We don't know what you want to achieve because you haven't told us what soundboard or LED you're using.
    We can't answer questions to which there are many answers

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Haha awesome thats your channel?
    If so love your work, has really inspired me and a lot of my electronics

Are you still selling any of your flash on clash products?
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Not here - remember, no soliciting sales on Tim's forums.
    There are other saber forums...

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

he might be.. (but not here)

I suggest take it to PM! =)

anywho..

**I have NOT seen the PIC version.... was this a pre-dedicated pic? or something you programmed? (in C?)

thanks

Programmed all myself, in Assembly.