Thread: Found a different method for adding rust to a hilt

Default Found a different method for adding rust to a hilt

So after having one of my sabers "weathered" for me, I decided I'm gonna go a little further with it. Over all make it look like a very neglected, abused, rusty hilt. I was gonna try Eastern57's olive oil method, but I wanted a more real looking rust. After browsing the net for a few days looking at different things, I found this video and wanted to share it. I'm gonna give it a shot next weekend, and I'll post pics how it turns out good or bad.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Ancient-Saber

They sell it as a kit at Michaels. Iron oxide paint with ammonium chloride treatment. Really effective. People have been doing it in this hobby for a long time. It's just not made for a saber you "handle" a lot.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

i do not like that heavy of weathering...or weathering at all, i imagine a jedi, or even sith would clean the saber often....like we do guns....anyway that was a amazing video and the model came out looking like i just walked into a barn and seen that. it looked sooooo real. great find and i cant wait to see what you do.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"