Thread: hasbro fx conversion questions

Question hasbro fx conversion questions

I've got a couple of questions that I hope my fellow posters can help me with. I bought one of the new $30 hasbro sabers recently. I'm hoping to convert it to tcss standards but I have a few questions before I do anything to it. I've never messed with the conversion kits on the site. I'm just curious if anyone thinks that one of the kits may be enough to convert it. I have an extra 3w laying around and once I buy a tip a complete blade. I'm hoping to retain the original hasbro board if I can. If I would need more than the kit such as parts a, b, c, in addition to it please let me know what you guys think. Also would someone care to share a wiring diagram with me to go by? Any and all help is much appreciated.

ps: sorry to seem noobish for lack of a better word coming to mind, I don't know enough about the new fx sabers yet and haven't messed with internals in nearly a year since I fried the board in the EJ.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

to be honest I dont think anyone has converted them, there has been talk in another thread about it, but everyone say "dont do it, its plastic, and unreliable." give or take some words lol. I do not recall if there is a wiring diagram yet for those boards either.... I know Skytracker(sorry if i spell it wrong) has hooked up one of those boards. He can probably help you.good luck on your conversion.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

I was going to use one in my current build, until I remembered Tim isn't stocking string LEDs right now.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

the TCSS conversion kits are for the "signature" series of Hasbro sabers. the "ultimate" FX sabers as Xanatos said, are plastic and would not really even be compatible with the conversion kits meant for the high end sabers.
    sorry for the bad news.
    good news: you could possibly gut the saber for the sound card and build an awesome TCSS MHS saber!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

I was afraid that there wouldn't be much on them yet and that the conversion kits wouldn't be compatible but figured I would ask since I've not messed with that stuff yet. As for the plastic stuff I've found in my experience that sometimes they're better balanced as far as weight goes than some of the higher end sabers at least for my tastes. Well I'll look into that anyways and see what I can come up with. If you guys find anything else out please shoot me a message or something. Thanks again.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.