Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Music selection while for sabersmithing.

I find the Big O and Dukes podcast to be great company whenever I have a "shop" project. They are really great for when I am doing something repetitive like filing.

Oh man i feel kinda outta place with my music tastes haha. I listen to mostly hardcore, post-hardcore and indie stuff. Bring Me The Horizon, Miss May I, Alesana, Breathe Carolina and Circa Survive to name a few. And this is gonna sound kinda random given my other tastes, but i enjoy James Taylor. Hes got some darn catchy tunes

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

The only real song for sabersmithing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0UuNpUqK4
    Duel of the Fates FTW!
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Usually when I'm painting or doing a electronic install, I'm blaring white zombie / marilyn manson something along those lines, then it shifts usually to queensryche then to N.W.A., Esham, it's usually all over the place.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moramoth View Post
    I'm a big Phishead, and like Moe., Umphrey's McGee, STS9, The Rolling Stones, Apocalyptica, Bond, Jem, Brian Setzer, The Killers, Third Eye Blind, and James Horner, STP, Audioslave, the John Mayer Trio, Muse. Santana, The Who, Hans Zimmer, and I like what David Newman did for the Serenity score.
    I don't like most of Mayer's music, but I like the stuff he did with the Trio. It was his best music, in my opinion. Unfortunately, all you hear on the radio is his fluffy pop stuff. I don't think we'll hear anything new from him any time soon. Apparently, he is suffering from some sort of growth in his throat and can't sing at all.

I like to listen to Blue Rodeo when I'm doing the metal work part of sabers. They're a Canadian band, and their sound is sort of blues/rock/country mixed together. I'm not a fan of country music, but the blues and rock mixed in make it good. When I'm soldering, I like something mellower. Mellow blues, jazz or classical music.