Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Geeze... I know the last time I was here was "a long time ago," but...

Well, I'm glad to see atleast one of the "Old Republic" here within 24hrs. Where is everyone? I feel like a Newbie again!

What is the best replacement new tec. green for my ROTJ Luke? The LEDs still have that color difference depending on the batch?
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Most of the people you knew are on other boards or gone. Best is going to be up to you. Colors are more consistent now but vary between manufactures. Color bins are not done any more but some different shades of colors can be found. Many are mixing colors with RGB leds for personal preferences. For green I would look at the rebel or ledengin 5w. There are also Seoul P4, Cree, and others.

Welcome back.

CF is up to version 5 now! [and still sells out in minutes whenever Erv bakes a batch of Toast]. A lot has changed @ TCSS too since version 1...there is now an MHS Builder app that allows you to virtually mix and match the much wider selection of MHS parts to see what they'd look like before buying, even with powdercoated colours which Strydur now offers as a service along with a wide range of newer custom services. There are also discs and rods for making internal chassis and crystal chambers. A much wider selection of switches including lighted antivandal switches [and custom activation boxes for them] that have become almost 'standard' in high end builds nowadays as have Lithium Ion batteries instead of Nimh. Also newer translucent white and coloured polycarbonate blades as well as the clear with round or bullet tips.

We've come a long way baby...er, I mean Firebird. lol

Oh and yeah Sunrider is right the rebel green is a great choice - very bright and nicely green and hey its kinda apropos for a Luke ROTJ to run a "rebel" LED eh? Just be sure to get the requisite rebel lensholder and the 8.7 degree lens that is optimum for it.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 09-30-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Welcome back, Firebird! I'm still here though I've been a bit absent lately with real life and all. Sabers have changed a ton since you stepped out..what was it...3 or 4 years ago?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!