Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LedEngin 40w RGBA Purple w FoC

Default LedEngin 40w RGBA Purple w FoC

Hey folks I am experimenting with a 40w RGBA for purple with clash flash. I have it set up running R&B for purple and amber for clash. After making a custom PCB and some micro wiring "IT'S ALIVE".

It would be a pain to add the 2 remaining green dies that are usable to the amber clash leds but it could be done. Does anyone have any idea what color shift I would get with adding the green?

Here is a short vid of how it looks now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dIDFXj4H8

Ask a question or tell me what you think.

Thanks.

based on your starting color of this (#aa00ff), and your current flash (#ee44ff), my best guess would be this (#eeccff) with the addition of more green.
    though, because you have twice as much green (#00ff00) as you do amber (#eeee00), it might be more like this (#bbffcc)
    Last edited by KuroChou; 09-28-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

That starting color is pretty close but the flash color is more red. And the thing has 3 amber dies and 2 green dies.

with a redder flash (#ff44aa)*, then your current adjustment from the base color is +85, +68, +0; another 60% green would be +85, +109, +0, or ffb587
    *blue had to be scaled back in order to achieve more red, since red was already at the maximum value of 255
    this being the case It's hard to know for sure what the actual color would be. (It's hard to correctly portray an additive color calculation, when one channel is already maxed out)
    This is my best guess at the hue, though it will probably be much less saturated because the blue wouldn't just be adding to the color, it would be adding to the total light as well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

That makes sense. Thanks

I read on FX that you managed to make it work with only 3 18650s. No sacrifice to brightness over 4? Or not a significant loss?

Yeah 3 good 18650s that can put out 5 amps each give it plenty of powah. ncr18650s are what I use. They are better under heavy load than others.

can you post some pics of the LED all wired up and lable the wires telling what dies they go to because i am planning to make a purple saber.
    With us, you are ruler of all the Sith, answerable only to the Emperor himself
    ―Darth Marr to Darth Nox

Here is the custom MCPCB all wired up for parallel drive.

For purple you need blue and a little red or amber.

As a fellow electronics hacker that picture makes me extremely happy

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent