Thread: Thoughts on Sith appearence.

Blog Entries

Default Thoughts on Sith appearence.

So I was surfing though Wookiepedia, looking into jedi/sith history, and all the Sith I saw were scared in some way or masked. I have to wonder why this is, I personally picture the Dark Lord of the Sith as some sort of Anti-Christ, and/or Lucifer, this beautiful intelligent being who can solve all your problems and does not force you to think a certain way, but knows how to lead you along to conform to their way. Palpatine was cunning enough, but was still ugly as sin

Sorry for the religious imagery but it is how I think, and I wanted to know if anyone else thought like me or at least have some thoughts on Sith that aren't portrayed.
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined.
    The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
    We are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moramoth View Post
    So I was surfing though Wookiepedia, looking into jedi/sith history, and all the Sith I saw were scared in some way or masked. I have to wonder why this is, I personally picture the Dark Lord of the Sith as some sort of Anti-Christ, and/or Lucifer, this beautiful intelligent being who can solve all your problems and does not force you to think a certain way, but knows how to lead you along to conform to their way. Palpatine was cunning enough, but was still ugly as sin

Sorry for the religious imagery but it is how I think, and I wanted to know if anyone else thought like me or at least have some thoughts on Sith that aren't portrayed.
    The sith, unlike Jedi were highly competitive and faced off against each other to rise among the sith hierarchy (pre rule-of-two). The battles were obviously fierce and to the death so the victors were usually left hideously scarred, but the sith embraced their menacing appearance which instilled fear in those who faced them.

Also after Bane, they had to defeat their masters to take the mantle of Dark lord of the sith, which would also mean injuries, scars, etc.

I read this somewhere but for the life of me cannot remember where.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Blog Entries

Your absolutely right, but my thinking was something along of turning to the dark side also came complete with some yellow eyes, and some black around the sockets. Then there's the premature aging.......There is a quote from Darth Sideous (I have to paraphrase, but it has kind of shaped my thoughts on evil) "That which can be done in secret holds great power."

I guess it is a common theme to mutilate villains, though at least SW has a practical reason behind it.
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined.
    The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
    We are one.

The yellow eyes, the dark eye sockets and premature aging are all a by-product of using the darkside of the force. As the darkside is fuelled by hatred, fear, death etc. it provides great power at a cost. Sidious also has a quote along the lines of,
    "mere flesh does not handle such power very well"

Edit: found it:

"You see, my friend, flesh does not easily support this great power."
    ―Palpatine

"Long ago, I found my flesh could not withstand the awesome demands of the dark side... the great Emperor Palpatine was dying."
    ―Palpatine
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 09-29-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

I believe there are primarily 2 kinds of Sith. There are the more aggressive, warrior types. This would be your Darth Maul type characters who set out to intimidate you (though the Clone Wars shows that his appearance had very little to do with the Sith at all, except for maybe his black cloak and lack of dental hygiene).

Then there are the space Nazi's. Sith, like Nazi's, are ruthless, cruel, greedy, conniving, calculating creatures but they have a healthy fashion sense. They have a fascists cleanliness to them and respect discipline. Even Maul, with his devilish appearance, was very clean and precise. And so was Vader.

My idea of a Sith would be someone covered in sharp, clean clothes made of expensive and rare materials. He would give the aura of discipline and power mixed with a hint of greed. I also think there would be something... off about him. Like you would see a spider crawling around in his hair or something. Something unnerving and subtle as opposed to over the top and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Big_Furry_Oaf; 10-08-2011 at 03:33 AM.

The current Sith in the EU "Fate of the Jedi" called "The Tribe" are leftovers from when the Sith started leaving their exile and got stranded on a planet and took over the population of said planet. These Sith value beauty, and even a scar can mar their promotional opportunities. Skills and backstabbing treachery was how one advanced. The less perfect a Sith is, the further back they'll go. So far there isn't any description of yellow eyes and sunken, dark eye sockets. Most of the Sith in this storyline are very beautiful/handsome with striking features and often use intricate temporary tattoos to increase their beauty and even hide imperfections, such as a small scar Vestara Kai had on the side of her mouth.

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila