Thread: El Blade Adjustment

Default El Blade Adjustment

Hello
    I have a question on the best procedure or tools to use to get the polycarbonate to fit the emmiter, previously I just took the finished blade put it on the bench grinder and sanded it down till it fit. But I also had it break, it was 1/16 Th. though, I am now only using Tim's 1/8" Th. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

actually, it should fit right in no problem, but if its just a tad big, you could do what i did once, and that was just take some fine grit sandpaper and wrap it around the area to be worked down and just twist it back n forth it will work, and you can keep checking fit as you go till its just right.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

What are you using for a emitter that the tube wont fit?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I built 2 El hilts using your 1.25" emmitter 1, but the 3/4"Dia 1/8th I just bought or the 1/16"th. I previously used will not fit without serious modification. Being this was my first L.Sabers I have ever built I just figured this is the procedure?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GFORCE13

I built 2 El hilts using your 1.25" emmitter 1, but the 3/4"Dia 1/8th I just bought or the 1/16"th. I previously used will not fit without serious modification. Being these were the first L.Sabers I have ever built I just figured this is the procedure?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

did you buy the polycarbonate from me?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yes I did and I discovered the problem, I had only tested the one hilt, it was the one where the 1/16" th. Polycarb blade broke, which I had used a cutting bit to remove the broken piece. Well after I deburred the emitter with the dremel, it fits perfectly, Thanks Tim.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font color="purple">I'm wondering why you quoted <u>yourself</u> above, GFORCE13?</font id="purple"> []

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

You know this is a good question, I don't know what happened either, it must be an Imperial Plot,[] Oh and many Thanks for your Blade Design Tutorial you posted on TFE, I don't know how I would have finished my first 2 fightable Light Sabers without it.