Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS Sleeve and Choke 2 problem.

Default MHS Sleeve and Choke 2 problem.

Hey everyone. Im having a little problem with my build. Apparently the MHS sleeve doesn't fit over Choke 2.
    Attachment 5888

I just wanted to get your advice on how i can get the sleeve to slide over. Id rather not have to cut the sleeve to fit around that piece. Will sanding it down be the best way?

Thank you.

i've had to grind down that part of the choke.

How did you grind it down?

The sleeve does not fit because the MHSChoke2 part does not share the same 1.45" od as regular MHS parts. It is not that your part is wrong, it is that the part is designed slightly larger.

Grind it down with a grinder, or belt sander, or maybe a sanding wheel from a dremel. Or send it back to Tim to modify or take it to a local machine shop best of luck.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

I've used a honing tool to sand the insideof the sleave - also helpful for going over PC'd parts.
    Yub Yub Commander.

I know the parts not defective haha. Im just looking for a good way to cut down that OD so the sleeve will fit. The thing im worried about with using my dremel grinding wheel is it will come out uneven looking same with a belt sander. Do you guys think just wrapping a piece of sandpaper around it and rotating it in my hand would work? Im thinking i can get a more even finish this way, ill probably go through a ton of sand paper, but oh well haha.

Quote Originally Posted by crobemeister View Post
    Do you guys think just wrapping a piece of sandpaper around it and rotating it in my hand would work? Im thinking i can get a more even finish this way, ill probably go through a ton of sand paper, but oh well haha.
    That should work, be a little slow - but it would work I would think. You could also find a way to attach it to a drill for the spinning part, then you just have to worry about the sanding.
    Yub Yub Commander.

yeah that should work..

Or you can mail it to me and I can lathe it down for you
    (since it looks like your location on the map is probably a few hours' drive - PM me if you want me to lathe it.)
    Last edited by cannibal869; 09-26-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Wow that would be nice of you cannibal. You don't find people like that often A++ nice offer.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"