Thread: Tri-Color LEDs and MHS Emitters???

Default Tri-Color LEDs and MHS Emitters???

For my lightsaber project, I want the blade to be yellow. Now I know there is a color filter sold in the store but I also know that filters can create a dimmer blade. So I want to try and use a tri-color LED and use the blue and green dies to create a pure yellow glow. My question is, will that work inside a MHS emitter? If I use a tri-color LED, will I be able to use an
    TCSS lens to project the light? Has anyone tried this plan and had success? If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks everybody!

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

You sound like you want a ledengin 10w amber led. Search the forums for info on those.

Or use a white led with a filter.

Or use a rgb, rgba, rgbw, ect.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 09-25-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Blue and green do not make yellow. That would be green and red.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    Blue and green do not make yellow. That would be green and red.
    Wow I can't believe I didn't realize that mistake. I'm not going to lie, that was kind of stupid of me.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker