Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boshwan527's Starkiller TFU1 Build - First Saber

Default Boshwan527's Starkiller TFU1 Build - First Saber

Hello everyone

This is my first thread and my first saber build! I hope you like it so far.

First I must say I have to give credit to this guy for a lot of inspiration:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LBoiJX-K6F...lightsaber.jpg
    RO-LIGHTSABERS: RO-LIGHTSABERS

I've always been more concerned with making things look how I would idealized them in my head as opposed to being super screen accurate, so this won't be exactly like game version.

Anyways, Here are some preliminary models i made:

And here is some of the machining process. The emitter shroud I actually had cut on a wire EDM machine and it turned out really well:

Took some scothbrite to the outer pieces to get that weird haze off and it looks way better. I also started on the long switch. It's almost done but I didn't have tome to cut the grooves for those thin inserts:

Anyways, that's where I'm at so far. Let me know if you have any comments or questions. I'm not going to do full sound and blade or anything. I'll be using a rebel star to light up the crystal chamber, which I plan to build Slothfurnace style.

Thanks for reading!
    Evan

Wow very nice work, will keep an eye on this one.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

I'm Intresred in the control box and card/cover please explain. Nice so far.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

The control box is just going to be for show. This will be a mostly static build as it's my first one. From the last picture: Those to skinny insets will go into the top part of the control box, like in my 3D model, I just have to mill the slots. I'll most likely just screw/epoxy all those pieces together in the "closed position" for show. In front of that box I'm gonna put a red illuminated DPDT switch that will activate the LED for the crystal chamber (not pictured in my 3D model).

Does that answer your question?

Thanks for the responses guys

Static build???? No way man, this thing would be so easy to convert. What's the ID of the inner tube? I bet a 1.25" sinktube blade holder would fit easily and the fins on the heatsink exposed in the crystal chamber would look awesome. It would just be a shame to leave it empty. Here is a pic of a MFX Starkiller that I converted to give you an idea of what I'm on about:

you can find the holder here.
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 09-26-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Haha, you make a good point. I guess I'm just nervous about wiring all of the extra stuff up. I was never too into the blade and sound stuff, but I actually watched a video of someone lighting theirs up like two days ago and it was really cool.

Here's my progress for the day:
    I milled out the slots in for the accent pieces on the activation box. I drilled and tapped the saber and the activation box and attached the two with sets screws.
    I also machined a new bezel for the DPDT button so it's height matched the activation box:

This thing is just getting nicer!

Thanks! I won't have time to work on it for about a week as I'm going out of town. I'm trying to decide what to do next though. It's between the grips and the emitter ears. I think I'm gonna go with the ears first because I think it would make it look super awesome, though I think that's gonna be the hardest part to machine like I've modeled it

If you pull it off will be the best bunny ears ever! awaiting updates...