Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Debris": An homage to Slothfurnace's "Derelict"

I'm hoping to get my first prime lens soon... My 18-55, 28-80, and 70-300, while versatile, aren't always the most effective. Especially since I refuse to work with an ISO above 400.

Anywho, back to the whole point of the thread... It is a pretty impressive saber. I've got a few designs using those fluted extensions, and I'm glad they look as good assembled as they do in the renders.
    Excellent work on the switch placement. Very clean.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Nice hilt. Does it have sound like Petit Crouton? I think the saber would deserve such a sound board. =]

yeah a video with sound would be sweet! give it at least a hasbro econo board.
    love the black pommel!
    the whole thing has a "is it sith? or is it jedi?" feel to it. very OT, so it gets my approval
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Very nice. That new BH is perfect for that build. I think the fluted grips was a nice distinguishing feature too. Surprised you didn't go for a 4" double female with extension like Jay and Sloth used, but it makes it unique. I think that extension is underused as it is. Cheers.
    Oh by the way, that fluted extention I used as the grip for Derelict wasn't an MHS piece, it was just some scrap I had laying around that just fit the outside diameter of the MHS threads. It is a slip fit, with set screws to hold it down.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Oh by the way, that fluted extention I used as the grip for Derelict wasn't an MHS piece, it was just some scrap I had laying around that just fit the outside diameter of the MHS threads. It is a slip fit, with set screws to hold it down.
    Good to know! I really appreciated the spacing on the grooves. I had assumed that the screws were aesthetic, and the grooves were custom-machined onto the piece to give it the wider spaces. Thanks for pointing that out.

Debris has an Obi Hasbro econo board...As do all of my 3 sabers I have built so far. I was really hoping someone would come up with a way to keep the LED bright (in this case, a Royal Blue Rebel) while running it off of the speaker negative...But alas, that has not happened yet. And from what I can tell, this RB Rebel needs all the help it can get brightness wise. My brother's saber that I built for him is a red P4 and it is much brighter than this one unless I just got done charging the battery.

As far as the look of the saber (Sith or Jedi?), I have come to the conclusion that (in my opinion anyway) sabers look best with a good deal of contrast. Light/dark, brass/copper, smooth/textured...You know, a balance kind of thing. I also like the black pommel, (and the unintentional weathering that has happened to the paint on it) it almost makes up for not having the Acerocket pommel that Sloth used on Derelict.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Wow this is really nice. Personally, it looks like it could be more so a Sith lightsaber, only because of the inital look of Derelict, as well as a slight personal remembrance of Starkiller's first light saber

If its okay to know, hat pieces did you use to make this? (Im not trying to completely copy or take credit but the way these kind of lightsaber parts are, are my favorite. And that Im attempting my first lightsaber so Im not sure what parts I should use.) I understand if you dont want to say either.

Wow, this has REALLY inspired me to try using sink tubing in a creative way. Very impressive!