Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 25 (BS-25)

Default Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Saber 25 (BS-25)

This saber was built for the fiancee of a friend of mine from the local 501st garrison. They had been working on a Jedi costume for her to join the Rebel Legion with, and she loved by BS-2 saber, but found it to be too large in diameter for to comfortably handle. I had an old prophecy from ultrasabers that had brass accents on it and while she was interested in it, it didn't have enough brass on it for her. After thinking it over for a while, I decided that since that old prophecy was actually the same o.d. as the MHS parts (actually a little larger at 1.5" to MHS's 1.45" ) I came up with a reversed design of Brass Saber 2 by using a brass inner sleeve inside the MHS 8" female extension instead of a sleeve on the outside like I usually do. The saber is powered by two Li-Ion trustfire batteries in a 2-AA holder so they can be swapped out easily while at a costuming event. The soundboard is of course, a Petit Crouton, while the font that is currently loaded is Madcow's "Bespin II", modified for a PC. The main blade color is a color mixed violet using a DX RGB led. The blade shown is a TCSS thin-walled Trans-White with a bullet tip, and is one of mine, not the blade it will go to the owner with. That blade will also be a Trans-White thinwalled, but will feature the new white rounded tip instead. so, without further ado, I give you my 25th version my Brass Saber Series,

Brass Saber 25 (BS-25)

YOUTUBE VIDEO TO COME SOON.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

love the purple.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

I like it!!!nice work Jay. It is elegant. congrat!!

Looks great Jay-Gon, I really like the "reverse" on this one, very cool idea.
    Yub Yub Commander.

THIS is why you're my favorite sabersmith, Jay. You always show us the progress of your builds, and no matter what kind of project you take on, it is always innovative and classy. My favorite thing about the sabers you design is how they look like they could belong in any era. They're truly classics in this hobby. Keep up the good work.

Awesome! The finished product looks great, and with what you said about the customer, I'm sure she'll love it. It hits all the marks and looks extremely elegant. Well done.

Thanks every one! This one is so comfortable to wield and spin that I am very likely going to build one for myself now, too. It will have a similar look, but will have some custom work by Tim.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

That is a nice clean saber Mr. Jinn. What do you use to make them so clean. What kind of polish do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    That is a nice clean saber Mr. Jinn. What do you use to make them so clean. What kind of polish do you use?
    I start by wet sanding the MHS parts using 800 grit, 1000 grit and then 2000 grit automotive wet-dry sandpaper. After the parts dry, I polish them with Mother's Aluminum and Mag wheel polish. This leaves the finish so shiny that fine scratches show up after barely handling the parts, so I usually clear coat them with a baked-on acrylic enamel finish.

Here it is with the alternate led, a DX RGB mixed for a more pinkish-magenta color:

Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 09-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.

I really can't get over how amazing this puppy looks, I'm sure the owner is going to cherish it (not so easy to get a purple blade, either, from what I understand).

I am very pleased with how that neck came out. I keep imagining what a copper saber in your style would look like...