Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anakin conversion with a stock blade holder.

How long till they come back in stock do you think? I know Tim must still be busy from the move but I want to have this done by the end of the summer. Btw I just took out al the broken LEDS on my anakin and modded it too have a small blade. Its pretty fun.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

how did you mod that blade?
    did you cut the two led strips apart at the soldered joint?

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>

Well first i took a swing at a lamp post. Less then half the blade lit up after that. Next I opened up the saber took out the blade and pulled out the leds. Then I found wher the burnt out ones started and broke it off. Next i cut the foam the dremeled off the extra plastic blade. Then I matched the holes to were they were on the bottom of the original blade and put them on the shorter one. After that I put everything back together and voila! I thought it was pretty cool but im stil gonna convert it. It only took about 5 minutes to make the blade shorter.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

that is a great idea
    now it is like a saber dagger [] how long is the blade on that thing? it looks shorter than the hilt itself

<center>

</center>

The blade from the emiter up is 1 foot exactly[]. I didnt even realise it till I measured it. The hilt is 11 and a half inc. I also have a modded switch that is more like the vader fx sabers.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Back in stock by the end of the week.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks Tim! Im sure you will hear more from me (in a good way). In other news I had my first shift at work today. With my new job I plan on taking my saber building skills to a whole new level.[]
    Btw does anyone know how to connect a battery pack to the disconected led strip? I think im goin to put the blade in a minature hilt and display it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it would be easiest to do that by just taking out the sound board and pluging it all up like the original setup is

<center>

</center>

I meant by using the sounds and stuf for the conversion then instead of throwing out the blade connecting a battery to it to just make it light up.

When you cut the wiring from the led strip leave some wire so that you can connect two wires that you can attach to a battery. I did this with a strip, don't know what to do with it though[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>