Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anakin conversion with a stock blade holder.

Default Anakin conversion with a stock blade holder.

Im goint to convert my anikan but i dont have enough money for the conversion kit. How would i be able to convert it and use a stock blade on it? Or would there be anouther emmiter that i could use to hold a CSS blade? It doesnt matter if it looks like anakin hilt at the top because it doesnt have grips or anything so its more of a customm modded anakin.

EDIT: I Changed the title because im now doing the conversion with a CSS blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There's a thread on this... to the index you must look. You can use all stock parts if you can find a decent method of heatsinking the LED. You don't even have to make a new holder as long as you keep the stock blade, and it's just sanding if you want to use an upgraded blade.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Thanks for the help! How much sanding would be needed? And i havnt made a saber or done any led type things so i may need help later in the game.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The MR blade is 25mm and a 1" upgraded blade is about 25.4mm... not much. How you get that done depends. By hand it might be a while. If you help it along with a dremel or something, less.

</center>

Ok im buying the parts but i need help. The luxion collimater lens is out of stock. Do i need this? Or could i make it without it?

You definitely need the lens. It focuses the light from the LED up the blade. It might be possible to make something from scratch, but I doubt it would work anywhere near as well.

I have a little plastic one that was in a rubies vader lightsaber but i dont know if it is the right thing.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, wait for it. You need it. Whoo... that needs to come in stock, that little sucker is kind of important.[:0]

I forget because I have bought a few and don't need any for a bit.

</center>

I'm sure it isn't the same. You might be able to make it work somehow, but it still probably won't do as well as a real Luxeon collimator lens.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I took one from a flashlight to try once... it was crappy. It was the exact same shape and size but it didn't reflect the light nearly as well.

</center>