Thread: Found a blade holder in the most unlikely place....

Default Found a blade holder in the most unlikely place....

SO, I was going through some of my old possessions packed away over the years, and I found an old volley ball trophy of mine from when I was really young. Looking at it I notice the resemblance to a lightsaber blade holder, took it apart and got the peice I wanted, now to design the rest of the saber, could get interesting...

DSCF1842.jpgDSCF1843.jpgDSCF1844.jpgDSCF1845.jpg

Great find! What are the internal and external diameters?

That sir, is a steampunk saber waiting to be built.

Quite the interesting observation and idea. Can't wait to see it come to fruition. Anxiously awaiting an amazing steampunk saber made with this (or whatever else you decide to do with it).

Nice part, I look forward to seeing what you make of it.
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    That sir, is a steampunk saber waiting to be built.
    QFT.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Well, haven't really had the time to sit down and design anything lately, very busy, but tomorrow I'm gonna sit down with it and see what happens.

Inner diameter is just barely over an inch, outer diameter somewhere around inch and a quarter.

I'm really considering the steampunk saber with this, thinking about adding some sort of leather grip on the bottom. gonna rummage the antiques store and see what kind of brass things I can find to add to it. Still unsure which color of led to use for this one.

green.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place