Thread: FX board problems with light.

Default FX board problems with light.

Ok im new here and im working with a MR board. The problem is for some reason it stays on after the switch is off. Power still to the circit. The sound is off and the Aux light and main LED is dimmed but still on. I have checked connections, tested the board, checked the leads. Im just stumped now. I have disconnected the switch all together too with still same results. Can someone let me know what to check next? thanks

Some pics will be helpful to allow people to help you trouble shoot.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

from the sounds of things something busted internally. I personally have never played around with a FX board so im unsure as to how it works. a wiring diagram of how you have it hooked up would help me out heaps or even better a schematic of you particular board.
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Quote Originally Posted by StridentZepHoN View Post
    Ok im new here and im working with a MR board. The problem is for some reason it stays on after the switch is off. Power still to the circit. The sound is off and the Aux light and main LED is dimmed but still on. I have checked connections, tested the board, checked the leads. Im just stumped now. I have disconnected the switch all together too with still same results. Can someone let me know what to check next? thanks
    This is usually a symptom of a short on the board somewhere, which can often lead to a burned out transistor.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Double check your wiring from your board to your LED "+" and "-". Somtimes putting those wires on the wrong line can cause wierd effects with the LED.

I'll Try to put a picture up later but, the connections are right. I have even disconnected all lights and only had one wired up at the same time to check to reading. I have used multi. reader to check for current thur the board and it does show current. As jin stated i suspected it may just be a short on the board somewhere, but before i moved foward to get a different board wanted to check other solutions frist. Thanks

One blown transistor on the board will do this. I had a Yoda's FX do this exact same thing, and that's what it was.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Funny thing is, its a yoda board lol.

Yep, trouble I had was with a Yoda as well. I wonder if "size mattters not" when it comes to that particular board. Seems like the more things are cramed the more can go wrong.

Sometimes it can happen that the MR/Hasbro boards can't be turned off when the batteries are almost discharged.
    Can't say why, and it sound a very strange behavior but saw it with my eyes on a Maul saber from a friend.
    Probably won't be your case, but it's 2-seconds test worth a try before starting to look for burned transistors.