Thread: Wiring diagram check Please

Post Wiring diagram check Please

I am extremely new to wiring so I am hoping someone with more experience wouldn't mind giving my diagram a once over before I begin putting everything together. My saber will include a PC-U, Two DPDT illuminated switches (one latching) and a 10 Ohm 1/4 watt resistors for each switch LED. I thank you for your time and patience.wiring diagram with momentary battle action!!!.jpg

All looks good, not sure about the resistors didn't actually calculate them myself but they seem a bit high. What you could also do is use one ground for one switch and bridge the negatives for both led and switch, and one ground for the other. Saves on spaghetti wiring that way. So you get away with 3 wires per switch.

Just remember that the accent led pads supply 3.3v at 18ma max. Resistors are used as a precautionary measure to stop the led from trying to draw more current from the board resulting in overheating. I can't remember what resistors are generally used for av switches, just that 10 ohms sounds a bit high.

Also you can use two momentary av switches instead of the latching/momentary combo. Just change the parameter in the config file on the sd card.

I'm pretty sure someone with a bit more experience will chime in and correct any mistakes you or I might have made.

Cheers.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thank you bk_renesis for taking the time to check my work , and for your suggestions. The Latching switch was a holdover from the previous design, she was origionaly going to be a stunt saber. I figured I bought the switch, I love it, might as well use it.

Do you, or anyone else in the community, suggest a 1 ohm 2w resistor? Doing the math of course yields no need for a resistor, but I read it was suggested a small one to control board heating, given that I believe it was Azmaria who made the suggestion, I figured I should listen.

Thanks Again

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz Here. I would add a switch and recharge port to the battery circuit. Like it is you cant power the PC down to remove the sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz Here. I would add a switch and recharge port to the battery circuit. Like it is you cant power the PC down to remove the sd card.
    I second that, even if you have a removable batt pack a switch to cut power completely is definitely a good idea. Thanks Sunrider.

The lowest value resistor you can find should be good, shoot Az a pm I'm sure she will provide the appropriate info.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thank you again bk_renesis and Sunrider for your help and suggestions, I appreciate your time and expertise.

My build is tight and I like the idea of removable cells because the recharge port wouldn't be necessary. Perhaps I will adjust my design to incorporate one or at the very least use a quick connect between the board and the battery.

The calculator delivered a 1 ohm 1/8 watt resistor, I will try to find one, if I can't I will go with the 1 ohm 2w from the store.