Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: International Shipping and customs

Default International Shipping and customs

I assumed the high shipping costs but every time I order a TCSS at customs make me pay another $ 40 more. how I can avoid customs?
    A normal parts ordering MHS can cost me 150 or $ 170 more or less ....

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by neogardyn View Post
    I assumed the high shipping costs but every time I order a TCSS at customs make me pay another $ 40 more. how I can avoid customs?
    A normal parts ordering MHS can cost me 150 or $ 170 more or less ....

Thanks for your help.
    Yep, we europeans have to cope with those shipping costs ... But I´ve never had to pay taxes for my orders. That must be something new. Guess they´ve labeled lightsabers as "luxury import items"

Consolidate orders, don't get 1 or 2 items at a time. I'm sure you're already doing this to save on shipping.

Avoiding customs legally is going to be difficult, if not impossible. Apart from flying to the US and then bringing the parts back in your luggage, I don't know of anything you could do. That would be a far more expensive option, unless you were already over here for other reasons (business, vacation, etc).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I don't know the rules for the EU, but you could try having "somebody" buy the parts for you and giving them to you as a gift (labelled as such on the box).
    Of course, buying them yourself and labeling as gift is fraud

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I think the problem is that Spain is in bankruptcy and the last 3 orders I have made I have gone through customs expensive. I'll leave for a time of ordering, when my country's economy to recover in 2099 again to play with lightsabers.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I live in Canada, and I get hit with customs charges, probably three times out of five orders. There's really nothing you can do about it. I just factor it into the cost of the saber.

i live in Australia and i have never had to pay extra for an order but others have so idk

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Usually you only get taxed when you buy over a certain amount. Over here, I have to pay tax for anything over 160USD. I guess you need to find out what is the limit that your customs will not tax at.

Alternatively you could get Tim to make your package as gift. Depending on the customs, you might or might not get taxed if marked as gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Yoon Wei View Post
    Usually you only get taxed when you buy over a certain amount. Over here, I have to pay tax for anything over 160USD. I guess you need to find out what is the limit that your customs will not tax at.

Alternatively you could get Tim to make your package as gift. Depending on the customs, you might or might not get taxed if marked as gift.
    Tim won't lie on the customs forms for you. The fine and jail time associated with falsifying those documents are too big to risk just to save a customer that he doesn't personally know a few dollars. Don't ask him to do that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

hhh EHHE ehh I did not say that and I will not ask. I understand and respect the law. The only thing is that it take much longer to order new ones because I have to raise more money .... just that