Thread: Cutting the wedding cake with a lightsaber...

Default Cutting the wedding cake with a lightsaber...

Hello saber land! I thought I might post some photos from my wedding here for your amusement!

The sabers used are the Luke ANH fx-saber, which was not only the first saber I ever owned, but the very first present my wife ever got me (mind you this was before we were dating). In addition, my mother-in-law lent me her Vader ESB to be used in the ceremony, as she thought it would be iconic for the two of us. Her idea, not mine.

A couple notes:
    1. The venue was the E. Roberts mansion in Spokane, WA.

2. The cake cutter was a scale Anakin ROTS saber that my father-in-law welded a blade onto. I did make the sound effects while I cut the cake. :P

3. My wife is a trekkie, yes. I love her for it.

4. Don't use a saber to shoot pool. It doesn't work, and it's not good for the table.

All in all, and in addition to the sabers (and the Rebel Throne Room music that played as she walked down the aisle) it was a beautiful ceremony. Goofy, maybe, but we're goofy people.

So here they are! Enjoy!

Nicely done - and congrats!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Very nice. I know you said it doesn't work well, but now I want to make a lightsaber pool cue. Congrats, it looks like you all had a great time!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Nice and congratulations to a lucky man and what looks to be a great wife and in-laws. I really want a Star wars themed wedding. Your quite the luck man to have found someone so great that fits your life stile.
    My pool cue is actually red and the handle is a photo overlay of Darth Vader's Saber. When i am about to win on the last shot i always say "All to easy" and sink the last ball.
    "A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
    "Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Looks like y'all had a great time! Congratulations, May the Force be With You, and Live Long & Prosper!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thanks everyone. It was a truly memorable occasion, even after the bottle of 12 year old scotch we had.

Speaking of which, a word of warning. Do NOT duel under the influence. I slipped on my ass and busted my knee pretty hard. That was 2 weeks ago and it STILL hurts.

best wedding ever
    So what, I made a cancer stick

very cool ....like the cake cutter ...best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    very cool ....like the cake cutter ...best of luck
    In my experience, there is no such thing as luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    In my experience, there is no such thing as luck.
    ^^^^^hahahaha

what can i say looks like it was a good day Congratulations

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"