Thread: Vergence Staff, Redux

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Red face Vergence Staff, Redux

Vergence Staff, Redux

I built this staff for back in early 2010. A "few" months ago for I got my hands on it for a few upgrades (US 2.5 to PC 1.5). I completely retouched the look of the saber. As a matter of fact it is a whole new saber, lol. I have been wanting to do the ribbed grooved sections like this for a while and I used this as my opportunity. I also thought that the Mara-style grip sections looked too "fat" and that the milled lines made the saber too 'busy' so I machined the sections down into more svelte sections. I left the greeblies that Nightstrorm added (the anodized thumbscrews) because I thought that they just "fit" the saber. I also decided to build basic PVC chassis' for both sides of the hilt. They lock in between the grip section and ribbed section and hold all electronics including the speaker mount. Since this is indeed a staff and not two separate hilts, I needed resonance and lots of it. For this reason I went with a 3.7V battery solution (one per board). I think this will be okay since this hilt uses the power friendly P4 LEDs. I topped it all off with some of the AoF designed boxes to hold my port and both switches. The old hilt had one bad switch (bad LED) but I was able to reuse one LED switch. He also left the font choice to me. I thought that lightmeat fit very well so I went with it. In a surprise move, he does have SD access on this hilt. Since I went with chassis (I did this for many reasons, not least of all to provide SD access) SD access it about an inch and a half under the heatsink. Take the BH of, pop the heatsink out and there it is. Simple. Now he can do which ever font he likes, but I kinda hope he sticks with the lightmeat. /end editorial. Anyways, thanks for looking and taking the itme to read this ridiculously long diatribe about a refurbished saber

The Particulars:

Vergence Staff
    PC-U (2) with Lightmeat
    P4 Blue (2)
    Green Dot AV (2)
    Epically large faceted Acrylic Crystal chamber
    Tons of machined updates
    PVC modular/locked Chassis (2)
    Kobitone HO speakers
    3.7V Li-ion batteries w/2.1mm recharge ports (2)

The BMT:

The Glams (on the green mat, lol):

The Chassis':

The Album: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...V2%20Upgrades/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

man you are just popping them out one by one arnt you. anywho love the look and finally someone well at least the first time i see someone put two boards into a double bladed saber! Might someone day have to get me one like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...YUP!

Stunning! Looks like I'll have to add Saberstaff to the ever-growing "To-do" List!
    Damn addictive hobby! lol.
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
    Stunning! Looks like I'll have to add Saberstaff to the ever-growing "To-do" List!
    Damn addictive hobby! lol.
    LOL, yes it is definitely that.

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    man you are just popping them out one by one arnt you. anywho love the look and finally someone well at least the first time i see someone put two boards into a double bladed saber! Might someone day have to get me one like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a monster pita which is why I don't make many (twice as much work and all, )
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Wow nice job! I'll bet you're looking forward to the quick detach coupler.....even if not, its very nicely done.

Very cool staff saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by mps View Post
    Wow nice job! I'll bet you're looking forward to the quick detach coupler.....even if not, its very nicely done.
    I tested them. They are very nice, but this is a staff only (in other words, it is not meant to come apart.)

Thanks ARKM

Very nice saber. The modified ribbed extension is just great, I will keep that in mind.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Very nice saber. The modified ribbed extension is just great, I will keep that in mind.
    Thanks Can't wait to see what you do with it. Make sure to PM me a link when you post it!