Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New Custom Hilt

Default My New Custom Hilt

Hi I don't know if this post has al ready been made but if it has please tell me where to go.
    WellI just built a custom SWEET hilt out of a 1 1/2 inch sink tube and realy wan to make it a LED and am hopping that it won't cost much. so what am I trying to get to it HOW THE HECK CAN I CONVRERT IT with out using tims LED kit becuase I have the sink tube and all that junk...[]
    Thanks

ps I would post a pic but I don't know how![:I]

You really need to get Tims blade holder and sink tube adapter it will make your conversion to led much smiplier.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">Yes, to Do-Clo you must listen.

And please explain what "all that junk" means.</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

<font size="3"><font color="green">I don't feel like explaining how to post pictures, so go here to find out</font id="green">:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=133</font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Tube, Holes, O-rings, Caps, Washers, and Piant.

Tube, Holes, O-rings, Caps, Washers, and Piant.

This one is for you J-Lo, it is paint not piant[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You will not find anything cheaper and not a boat load os hassle. Do yourself a favor and get Tim's holder.

Some of the pittly little stuff you could buy locally, but others it's A LOT of work to make a substitute. The hardest thing would be the heatsink and to a lesser extent the holder.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

there is no way you can make an led without tims holder unless you machine the aluminum yourself which will be a pain because
    1) you might not have a lathe
    and
    2) it will cost you more money, and your going for the cheapest deal, so buy from tim.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

there is no way you can make an led without tims holder unless you machine the aluminum yourself which will be a pain because
    1) you might not have a lathe
    and
    2) it will cost you more money, and your going for the cheapest deal, so buy from tim.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There are ways... it's not like LED sabers were invented by TCSS.[] It's just really difficult.

You are generally correct that it requires machining skills, but more for the heatsink than the holder. A PVC holder can be made with a lot of work.

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

You are generally correct that it requires machining skills, but more for the heatsink than the holder. A PVC holder can be made with a lot of work.

</center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

PVC is not that great because you still need to find the right size, and i think that a metal blade holder is the sturdiest.