Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What next???

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well... it's just my two cents, but...

The Graflex type head is NOT the best route to go. Any machined MHS type emitter will have so many issues. It's not symmetrical so it wouldn't line up with any switches, the ears are a royal pain to machine as I understand.

A much better idea to me would be waterjet cut sink tube and metal parts for making a graflex type emitter.

For other suggestions...

Sink drain pommels
    Variations on the ribbed section (grenade, non-angled like pommel #4, etc...)
    Activation boxes
    Speakered pommels (PLEASE! They'd sell like hotcakes)

I'll be thinking... more to come later.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Sink-knob type pommels. Three I can think of right of hands that would be popular are ones that approximate Luke's from his ROTJ saber, something similar to an Armitage Shanks handwheel, and then finally the Obi-Wan TPM/ROTS pommel.

Pommels with pre-drilled speaker vents. Yep, these would sell fast.

A couple pronged emitters. If that's too tricky, maybe a short MHS section that could go just behind the available emitters that has prongs attached.

With the popularity of the sabers, perhaps it's time for a new emitter that looks similar to the emitter on the clan sabers carried by Kit Fisto and others? Similar in looks to the Darth Maul emitter?

It would be hard to get a good deal on it for small batches, but the ability to anodize the MHS would be great. I have anodized by reverse-electrolysis using RIT dye and it works great...maybe this is an option (for the right fee, of course).

...I love the Dark Side, but I have a night light.

How about a full length center section that does not have a switch hole drilled in it.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

I would like to see more hilt and body sections. I really don't care what they could be but I just think we already have a lot of emmiter pieces and pommels to chose from but not enough body pieces. I like the "grenade grip" idea a little but maybe you could make dark side themed pieces and light side themed pieces. I know it would be hard but I'm not sure if everyone has the tools to paint or shape their pieces and it adds a level of impressiveness if they show that off to their friends and say "yeah, I made that". Also, I think it would be a good idea to have a curved hilt section and some that have a slight curve to either give them an ancient look or yet again a dark side look.

6" or 5.5" main body sections.

what most of the others have said.......

a working RGB switch !

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

Definitely pommels with speaker holes pre-drilled, thats a must.

Oh, wait actually I think before you do any of the things I've said you should get a box or body section that has working RGB switches that are easy to wire up to the luxeon. That would sell no matter what price you put it at. Everyone pretty much wants RGB at any cost. I think it would be a really good buisness move myself.

How about a 45 degree angle joint for the MHS? Anodization, grenade ribbed section, sink knob pommels, pommels with speaker holes, more emitter selections.

"There is no try, only dew" (do)

-Jedi Master Yoda
    Essence of the Force

Curved hilts would be pretty cool. I would really like to see some parts that really diversify the way that people handle them. Make a really big difference, like changing the whole shape drastically.

i would like to see a mhs tube but no threads and be the same size as the chrome sink tube and it would be polished aluminum that could slide over current mhs parts so that way you could dremel the tube and slide it over a saber hilt to make the outer part of the qui gon jin saber.

"aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous