Thread: Wiring around the quick disconnect plug on 05 MR Vader conversion

Default Wiring around the quick disconnect plug on 05 MR Vader conversion

I wasn't exactly sure if it was the right move but I soldered the grey wire (from the multi colored harness) to the opposite side that the blue wire(the one that pairs with the purple wire and goes to the positive wire from the LED) was attached to on the clash sensor board. Everything besides the clash sensor is working so Im assuming I did it wrong. Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how that clash sensor is supposed to be wired? pictures or a sketch would be great. I am a noob when it comes to electronics, but great at following directions. Please remember this is for the 05 MR vader with the quick disconnect plug (the one MR designed for a removable blade but never implemented). Thanks for any help!

Maybe this will help someone to help me. The board that my clash sensor is on has 7 points in a circle;
    In sequence they are +,1,2,3,4,5,6 and then the clash sensor is connected to a box that says "HIT"
    The blue wire going to my positive LED wire is coming out of point #5

I have tried figuring out which one to solder to by touching the grey wire to each point, every time I touch it to number 5 (where the blue wire is connected) it makes the clash sound... But when I solder the grey wire to that point I get nothing upon impact.
    Is there no one who can help me? I Just finished an 05 anakin conversion with no problems but this vader had to have this stupid quick disconnect thing... getting quite frustrated

Some pictures of your wiring would help.

Also, is the gray wire connected to the clash sensor? I ask because if you simply touch it to the blue wire and it makes a clash sound, that means it's completing the circuit. That should only happen on impact. Does it only make the sound once as you make the connection or does it continue to make the sound repeatedly. Again, I think pictures of how you have it wired right now would be best so we can get a firm grasp on what you're doing exactly.

The gray wire is not connected to anything, it is coming out of the wire harness that holds all the other colors (I need to figure out WHERE to connect it) It was originally connected to a different board seperate from the clash sensor (which connected through a mono type plug to the board WITH the clash sensor). What Im doing is getting rid of that seperate board altogether and wiring directly to the board with the clash sensor (which has solder points that correspond with the the mono plug on the board I am getting rid of).
    When I touch it to the blue wire (at number 5) it only clashes once and does not continue. I thought that would be where to solder the gray wire but after having done so there is no clash sound at all.

I do not have a camera but here is a sketch of what it looks like.
    Diagram.JPG

Ah, that sketch helps a TON! So it looks like what you'll have to do is desolder the clash sensor from that other PCB, then solder the blue wire to one end and solder the gray wire to the other.

Here's a modified sketch to show you what I'm talking about. This should work.

Diagram fixed.jpg

IT WORKED!
    I cannot thank you enough my friend.

You're very welcome. I'm glad to help where I can. I look forward to seeing the finished project. Have fun saberbuilding and MTFBWY.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
    You're very welcome. I'm glad to help where I can. I look forward to seeing the finished project. Have fun saberbuilding and MTFBWY.
    Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for as well.