Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MKVI #16 with Dual Crystal Chassis and CFv5

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Red face MKVI #16 with Dual Crystal Chassis and CFv5

MKVI #16 with Dual Crystal Chassis and CFv5

Of course, a few of you knew this was coming (for the last 4 months, lol) and I finally finished it. I am still learning my new camera which seems to work best over the green work mat vs. the black mat so whatev's. This is MKVI #16 (one of my 5 personal MKVI's of my favorite #'s). I wanted to stretch what could be done in one of them. Since I started this, there have been some excellent crystal chambers/chassis's produced in my babies. That warms my stone cold heart, but I wanted to do more. A completely "from scratch" dual crystal chassis. It had to be hand made and look like it. I was reading Tattoine Ghost (I think that is where they are prepping to save Han and Luke builds his saber?) and I just got hte feel for how difficult a time he was having in making the crystals, etc. This is my attempt to replicate that effort. I machined everything from scratch (crystals included) and it is indeed a full chassis (modular if I remove the box). I went with a CFv5 to save some space, but did not sacrifice the FoC...yes it has it. I also machined the Optics "can" as a custom piece (more like an emitter than just a can) to complete the look. I hope that it fulfills its intent. Thanks for looking.

Particulars:

MKVI #16
    CFv5 with:
    Madcow's Hero and Heirlom
    Novastar's Stygian General, Crystal Chamber, Ancient Saber and Phoenix sword
    LEDEngin 10W RGGB (GG blade w/R Flash)
    Fully Scratch machined Crystal Chassis (Aluminum, brass, delrin and PVC)
    (2) hand made Acrylic Crystals (1 Clear and 1 Green)
    HO Crystal Pommel and Crystal LEDs
    2W Megabass Speaker
    7.4V Li-ion (dual 14500 Panasonics)

The BMT:

The Glams:

Open Views:

The standard Glams:

Extensive Build Log: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...no%2016/Build/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Cool stuff there.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Cool stuff there.
    Thanks Bro.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

nice job i was thinking of doing something like this for my sinktube saber and this just got my juice flowing as it where. well not make it come apart but just to have the sinktube slide off the guts of the saber kinda like how we take off a shirt.

nice jobe once again

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

10/10. What more can I say... Oh yeah... I want one ASAP!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

LDM you album is password protected...

Nice work. Looks great. The crystal calibration thing is sweet.

Dag..I started a similar build over a year ago but since my BH is old style it makes the reveal difficult. This isn't the first one I've seen but a very nice use of Madcow's font. I've yet to see it displayed in a way that made sense. Weird how cyanish your LEDs look in these pics. Someone has a lot of new personal sabers lately. Nice work!

wow...is all I can say...just wow.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Kill plugs a bit funky, but I LOVE the saber.

(Shadows of The Empire novel, Luke builds his saber )