Thread: PC-L goes in idle-mode but does not light up when pressing the switch

Default PC-L goes in idle-mode but does not light up when pressing the switch

Hallo Saber smiths

i have a problem and need your help, because i cannot find a solution.

it is my first saber. using a PC-L with one accent LED and an indicator LED. 2 Li-ion power cells with 3,7 V and 2600 mAh each are used with protection circuit for 2 cells.
    when I pull off the kill plug, the sabe goes in idle mode, indicator LED lights up bright, and the accent LED starts blinking. but when push the AV button of the saber, it doesn't light up. The high Power LED ( green seoul p4 ) stays off.

cannot find any solution for my problem. can someone here help me please? thank ya all.

You wired the LED backwards?

That would be my guess too. Maybe some pics of your wiring would help.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

no, according to my wiring sketch, everything is wired correctly and the high power LED does light up for very very short, when i pull out the charging plug. i can just describe further things, my saber does or things i noticed:

as i said: indicator LED lights uo and accent LED on the switch is blinking. speaker gives the typical sound when going in idle mode.

- the paramters for the shimmering and flickering on the light meat SD card were named a lil bit else than in the PC-L manual
    Schaltplan-PCB.jpg

Didnt you wire the Aux switch and AV switch wrong? should be reverse i thought. Im a noob tho lol.

no, the wiring of the AV and aux switch is copied from the sketch in the PC-L manual. I consulted a lot of people with my wiring sketch and all of them confirmed the sketch would be right. the more i think now, there is a lose soldering point on the board. i will see tomorrow. good night smiths ( after midnight here in germany )

With close up pics we may be able to spot something.

Also, drop us your config file.. Could very easily be a switch setting.
    Last edited by PhoenixReborn; 09-06-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    To see Videos of all PC/CF Sound Fonts I've made, Go here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6B3CDFC18F2015A
    If you're interested in one of the fonts, send me a PM.

the only thing i noticed in the settings is, that the parameters "flkrs" and "flkrd" were named "flks" and "flkd". I guess this would have been another mistake, if there wasn't anything else. I tried to start the saber with the parameter named like in the manual, but nothing changed. I am very sure I didn't forget to enter all parameters. "switch" is on "2" for the momentary switch i use. I went through every single paramter up and down.. Today I will disamble the saber ind control all solderings. I noticed the contact interrupts when I rumbled the cmalp/box a lil bit so its likely an unfixed soldering. Thank ya all for your help. I will post something here again, if my saber still doesn't work.
    Last edited by andrue1988; 09-07-2011 at 01:12 AM.