Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Anakin Conversion Kit Questions

Default Blade Retention

Hey, folks! I didn't see it anywhere so I'll ask: does the allen screw (the 1st one removed in the tutorial) serve to retain the blade after you complete the conversion, or is that a separate hole that has to be drilled?

Thanks in advance...

**edit: Thanks for your rapid response, Ryan!! My kit should be here this week, with the convert done this weekend! I'll post pics when done...
    Red 8 standing..hey, what's this button do?

You don't need to see any identification.

The thumbscrew that's included in the kit is used to hold the blade in, it goes in place of the allen screw. Or at least, that's how I did it.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Naashar, you can also use a set screw if need be when dualing so that the memory effect is still pretty much the same. If you choke an Anakin the way I do that is.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

In fact, James, I do choke up on the Anakin (my, that was Adult Content!!) . It's the only way to keep the control box out of the way! Cool, set screw it is. Is the one that we remove for disassembly long enough to serve, or do I have to buy a new one?

If you tap it to accept the thumb screw you will need to pick up a set screw of the same thread.....i do not think the stock hex screw that is removed will work for a blade retention screw......(to short)

Edit: or you could use a buttonhead screw of the same thread(8-32)

Edit2: and stop saying that your chokin up on Anakin James.........Pervert.....

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

I like to use the one that takes the hex wrench. Tims stuff is all machined so well that I don't like to use the old screws.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Ok, the convert is done!! "But, where are the pics", you ask? Forthcoming. (read: tanite!!!)

I still have to find a workable replacement for the big copper button plastic housing, but I may have an idea for that...FYI, the screw used to hold aforementioned assembly protrudes into the blade holder space, so I suggest nixing it...I ordered and received the set screw (thx James!) to secure the blade, used electrical tape for the emitter accent and gunbluing for the recharge ports, which worked phenomenally!!

Thanks to all who helped with their input. By the by, the Anakin w/convert is much heavier than a rig made up of MHS components of comparable length.