Thread: Eirahz 2

Default Eirahz 2

Been a while since I had time to work on another saber, I put a bit of thought in this one. Taking the design from Eirahz and making a lot of changes. Once again, I'm using Blade holder 18, the 4 inch grooved and pommel 10.

I also added a part that the store no longer carries, it's a 4 inch piece with milled out grooves that originally held small metal grips that can be jb welded in. I took that piece off of a 5 year old MHS I've had sitting in a box that my ex girlfriend confiscated several years ago. I chose to use that part in this build because the Eirahz 1 was really really heavy and awkward with the current 4 inch grooved part in the store.

The first Eirahz had a box, that I found with my placement felt utterly uncomfortable, so I opted out of the box this time, and used a piece of sink tube cut to the box's length. This saber was built for pure comfort in dueling, no excess bits to get in the way of your hands, It's running a P4 Green with a 1000 mA buckpuck, and a Illuminated AV Latching switch, in the pommel insert (forgot to take a pic) and 2 Trustfire 14500's in the 2 AA battery holders. I went a lil different and got extra batteries and holders, and soldered the wires on the battery holders to quick connects so I can swap "packs" and recharge when needed. I found a velcro cable tie that fits around the whole battery holder that keeps it from making any kind of rattle, or moving inside the hilt. I also used a flat rubber pluming o-ring in the groove for the pommel so it has sort of a stepped look to it.

I'm debating whether or not to add a CT button, I don't want to sacrifice how damn great this feels in your hands.

Last edited by Darth Odious; 09-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.

It's got that prequel style look. Must feel good in the hand, too. Well done!

not going to lie, im going to replicate this I love this saber great job. i dont know why but I like it a lot.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

very nice saber

Nice saber! Now I know what to do with all of those old style grip sections that I've had for years.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Very nice job. Looks great.