Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Illuminated switch on the PC-L question

Default Illuminated switch on the PC-L question

Today I finished my lightsaber and I'm one happy duckling but I have a small question. The illuminated switch is blinking weakly when the blade is ignited, I wanted to know what I should enter into the leds file to make it so it doesn't blink.

Here is the file

// Blinking LED configuration file
    random=0
    s00=00
    d00=50
    s01=01
    d01=50
    s02=10
    d02=50
    s03=11
    d03=50
    s04=00
    d04=50
    s05=01
    d05=50
    s06=10
    d06=50
    s07=11
    d07=50
    The Force!? No... The Schwartz!

Good question, so you only want the led on when the saber is on? When it's off you want the light off?
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Actually I would love it if the LED was on even when the blade isn't ignited.

Ahh, see page 17 in the PC manual. There's a special pad you can connect to your accent led as a general power-on indicator.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

*Reads the page* Awww ****. I guess I skipped that page owo. I guess I won't be having the LED constantly on. how would I go about making the LED not blink? should I set my idlepulsing to 30?

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeZero View Post
    *Reads the page* Awww ****. I guess I skipped that page owo. I guess I won't be having the LED constantly on. how would I go about making the LED not blink? should I set my idlepulsing to 30?
    You wire it to the 3.3v pad as mentioned above with the appropriate resistor. That particular pad comes on when power is provided to the board, or if you are using a recharge port, when the kill key is removed.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

And if you just want it to turn on when the blade is ignited, then change the first sequence to 11 and the first delay to 00.
    11 turns all the LEDs on and 00 stops the sequencer (no further animation).
    Last edited by Skottsaber; 08-30-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

So you mean changing all the stages to 1? or both delay and stages? because both didn't work. I must sound like such an idiot D:

Okay so far this is the best I've gotten so far but I know it can be brighter.

// Blinking LED configuration file
    random=0
    s00=11
    d00=0
    s01=11
    d01=0
    s02=11
    d02=0
    s03=11
    d03=0
    s04=11
    d04=0
    s05=11
    d05=0
    s06=11
    d06=0
    s07=11
    d07=0

The brightness of your LED isn't going to be affected by the files on the board.
    You will need to change the resistor you have to your LED.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent