Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 4th MHS coming soon...

Man that is nice! I'm not going to lie, this is inspiring me to try and make this once I'm done with my current project. If you don't mind me asking, how did you create the emitter ring and
    "bunny ears"?

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

the bunnie ears are free handed, but simple just measue how wide you want them and the how tall, once you measure the tallness, double it and add about 1/2 inch for the base, and the emitter ring I did the same thing as the ears, and the ring i cut a piece of sheet metal wraped it around some 1 inch pipe jb welded it togeather and now just waiting to get a small bitton head so it for sure stays, but i dont think its going anywhere anytime soon. If this ispires you go ahead and use it. IMO i think it looks good, and pretty close to graflex, its a graflex on a budget lol.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    I wouldnt even know where to start with touch plate activation.... you know the lamps that you can touch to turn on? i wish i could figure that out and use that in this build, but untill I figure that or the touch plate...
    There's a thread floating around in the depths, that teaches exactly what you're wanting to do.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

i tried looking, i found tons of sabers with touch plate activation but cant find a tut oh well if it bugs me enough ill ask for help lol

"touch switch"
    Pages 4, 5, and 6.

When I say floating in the depths or the darkness, I mean it quite literally. Very old threads.

[edit] I also went ahead and did the real meat of the work for you on this one
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ighlight=touch
    Last edited by KuroChou; 09-27-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender

I literally typed in touch plate activation and got one page... So sorry that you busted your ass and I didnt ask for it, but thank you. It's not that big a deal to me to have visible switches. Thank you though. Please don't seem
    Mad because you looked, you took it upon yourself to find it. If your not being rude then I'm sorry I just took it that way... Thank you

Sorry for being rude, it's ok and thank you for the help. Much appreciated man.
    Last edited by Xanatos1986; 09-27-2011 at 05:39 PM.

It's really not a big deal. I'm sorry if that came out standoffish. I just knew the exact thread from memory, and knew that it would show up with proper use of the search box.
    I really didn't mind looking it up for you, because I was curious where the thread in question disappeared to. I didn't find it on my first try either, but there were a lot of relevant posts in older threads, so I posted those first, and thought I might as well post a link to the tut thread after I found it.

ok kuro glad we cleared that up lol. i was confused because i seen alot of LDMs post with sabers that had touch plate activation, with small momentary tactile switches under the card or whatever. Im assuming the plate is very flexable, anywho all I nee is the graflex knobs and the outside is done. I have them ordered and if its like last time I orderd they should be here any day now. Here are some new pics up.

Oh i forgot, I have a strip of textured mylar tape, but that will go on dead last lol idk why but it will. enjoy and the electronics will take some time, ill buy eveything except the PC in about 3 weeks, and then the PC in another 3 weeks. Thanks for following.

Its coming together nicely!
    Yub Yub Commander.

NICE!
    grips made a huge difference. gotta love the gorilla glue! hahaha
    how goes the clamp lever?
    i was just going to buy one and modifiy it for use as a kill key. thats why i've been searching for a smaller RCP.
    as for the bubble strip, i dont know why but to me they just look VERY original trilogy. gives it more of a canon look for me.
    you going with a D ring or covertech?
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)