Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th MHS coming soon...

It is attached but gorilla glue/ jb weld. I ordered a very tiny button head screw to have it screwed on and all the epoxy so it's not going anywhere lol. No the blade still fits just fine I used a 1 inche metal
    Pole as a guide for the parts. I think it does come togeather rather nicely.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

ok so its been awhile so i would not consider this a double post. I order the parts to complete the hilt except for electronics. So, as soon as I have the parts which will be Monday I will put it togeather and take more pics. I plan on a crystal chamber with 2 crystals, a rebel royal blue, and a PC with a luke anh/esb font. I have a really good Idea for the pommel recharge port... so if it works I hope others will do it or give them ideas. So thanks for following this thread if you are. I will update this monday night.

For my 200th post i figured I would update this build thread. So I got my parts today a Pommel 11, a insert thats threaded for a recharge port, 5 inch exstension, a 3 inch exstension, double male adaptor, a black box card, and some chassis discs. Well when i assembled the saber, it looked to long with the 3 inch exstension so I had a spare 2 inch and tried that and it looked better. well here are the pics, I dont have the red button or the glass eye screws on because they are on my starkiller lol. but my new ones should be here any day now. please let me know what you think so far. I do have the grips just not istalled yet.

enjoy

Neat. Nice paint job on the blade holder insets.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

thanks, I keep getting that complement lol thanks alot.

Well done! Keep the updates coming.
    Yub Yub Commander.

lookin good as usual! i love your style and approach to difficult builds. you make what seems difficult appear very do-able. well done. you are easily one of my favorite DIY builders.
    did you use a template for those bunny ears? something looks off just a bit, like maybe a little too wide? i mean by like 3mm. not much but enough to notice?
    maybe figure out how some of the smiths do the "touch plate activation"? would be cool to use two of the traces on the circuit board!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

you are onto something, no i didnt use a template, on the ears, i free handed them so thats why they are probably off lol. I wouldnt even know where to start with touch plate activation.... you know the lamps that you can touch to turn on? i wish i could figure that out and use that in this build, but untill I figure that or the touch plate ill put 2 switches in the control box like in my starkiller build.

I was looking at the the pics but the bottom pic makes them look wide and short as to the the picture above it looks fine, so maybe its a optical illusion? lol anyway thanks

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see it finished. As for the touch switch, that would be quite an interesting feature to have. Perhaps, if you had a saber board in it that could be activated by a momentary switch, you could figure out how to have your finger bridge a connection to act like a momentary switch. Don't know how that would work, but it sounds like something that I'll enjoy looking into. If I do find anything, I'll report back here.

Yeah I think that would be cool too. I've also bee thinking of a bubble strip and take out 2 bubbles but I don't like the buble strip I don't know why...