Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No sound on PC

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And make sure every wire is soldered on top of the board. In your pic, I see that your LED wires are on the bottom of the board.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok, a little update... though it's one step forward, two back.

I removed as much of the solder as I could, which it seems was just about everything. I have cut the wires a bit shorter now and nothing through any holes. (If I had done this in the first place, I doubt I'd have any problems at the moment.)

I've also replaced the speaker. When I power up (connect the battery pack via the quick connect plug) I get a quick flash of the led and the speaker starts sqwacking. I powered down, pulled out the sd card and replaced it. I still get sqwacking and a few beeps. Also the sd card doesn't want to stay in it's slot now... I have to press it in or keep it in place with a bit of tape.

The overheating is still an issue, but I've localized it to one component, which I will include a shot of. Can anyone think of a particular area where there might be short causing the problem? Any ideas on what has cause the problem w/ the sd slot now??

IMG_0132.jpg

good news, nothing looks fried to me in this pic. as stated before it will get hot, if its not smoking you should be good IMO. as far as the sqwaking, that could be the boot sound, if its constant then I dont know what it is then. the beeps mean there is a file missing that is needed, weather is a wav file or your config, or maybe your led config file. dont worry my first PC install went bad too, but I fixed it up real quick. I had the beeps too but was missing a file. are you using light meat, or dark meat font? or custom font? I hope this helps.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

I'm using dark meat. I made a backup of all the files after I first started it up... I suppose it's possible something was corrupted by that point already. Is there an index anywhere that anyone knows of listing what files should be present and/or a spot to dl a new config file?

That is interesting that the cap is getting hot. The black chip right behind it is the one that should.
    What is the highest voltage you've powered the board at?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

At this point I would say send it in for repair. The card holder being damaged is not an easy fix. I'm guessing it got overheated. PM Zook here or MH on fx forums for repair.

I will PM Zook now. Skottsaber - I'm using a 7.4v power supply, consisting of 2 protected trustfires in a holder. I'm also using a quick connect plug until I get everything figured out. Just figure it's safer, easier as I go about powering it up and then fiddling with things.

Hope you get your board fixed. =[

So Zook fixed up my PC, so it should be all set. For some reason I can't seem to get it to stay on however. When I add juice it play the boot sound. When I hit the power switch, it lights up including sound (it was a bad speaker previously) and then powers down.

I thought I was using a momentary (AV switch), but it could be latching. I've run each of the switch settings - 0,1,2 and not keep it on. Anyone have thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jucksta View Post
    So Zook fixed up my PC, so it should be all set. For some reason I can't seem to get it to stay on however. When I add juice it play the boot sound. When I hit the power switch, it lights up including sound (it was a bad speaker previously) and then powers down.

I thought I was using a momentary (AV switch), but it could be latching. I've run each of the switch settings - 0,1,2 and not keep it on. Anyone have thoughts?
    You need to change the switch setting in the config file to 2. I assume you are using a momentary switch, correct?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.