Thread: Crystal Chamber guide and parts?

Default Crystal Chamber guide and parts?

I need to make a crystal chamber for a TFU1, but have no idea how to start about it, I need it to fix inside an extention 3.7inches long. Any ideas?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Read and look at what others have done?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I have , i have a good idea, only problem is idk what the things at the top and bottom of the crystal chamber are, the things that hold both tips of the crystal so it doesnt fall out

First I'd like to know why you posted in the gallery? Then what parts you are using to build your saber. I think you can see where I am going with this as you need to be pretty specific as this can get pretty technical. There have been many sk builds of lately and using the search function to find them and research their techniques is the path I suggest you follow. Look up "crystal chamber" and you will be amazed at the different approaches taken.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Yep. Search for "crystal chamber". I will answer specific questions about mine but I solder mine together and I think I'm the only one that does that.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    First I'd like to know why you posted in the gallery?
    Good point.

Moving this to General Hilt Building.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

really?

someone with only 3 posts.. and were jumping on the 'wrong section' bandwagon? (sigh)..

its take some time at ANY forum to learn what goes where.. and the etiquette of certain places.

for some actual 'help' instead of lip-service..

the parts you asked about are mostly referred to as:

chassis disks..

or crystal mounts or crystal stems....

most other parts people use are brass or aluminum hobby tubing.. (small OD's)..

stand-offs

6-32 or 4-40 screws..

and other visual 'additions'.. such as leds, copper wire wrapping..

as mentioned there can really vary in styling as well as function (not to mention application is unique to each hilt usually)

The store here sells alot of stuff to make nice chassis.. and other stuff can be purchased at local hardware stores..etc..

A lot of people use LED bezels for the tips of the crystal to sit in. Like XL97 said, brass/aluminum tubing works well too. Check out my TFU1 post in the gallery... I used an LED bezel inside a nylon disc (cut down to fit inside the body tube), a random piece of aluminum that I got from an intake manifold (just shows you can find bits & bobs anywhere), some brass rod, even an MPS insert for the base. Best thing to do is gather parts and bits on your bench and just start aranging them in different ways untill you see something you like. For my Starkiller, I decided I didn't like the crystal supported at both ends (I liked the point to be completely visible) so I just used one bezel and aluminum base. You can pretty much just do what looks good to you... have fun with it, check out my post in the gallery and ask some questions if you like : )
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I fell asleep last night I'm redoing my starkiller saber and the chassis out so that being said when I get home(it will be after midnight eastern standard time) I'll post a pic here of it and give detailed over view of it and a tip to hide wires.

as promised, here are the photos, the discs are cut and not cleaned up because you wont see them because of the table I built under the crystal to hide the wires, hope this helps.

Last edited by Xanatos1986; 08-28-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"