Thread: I give you Amber? yeah Amber!

Talking I give you Amber? yeah Amber!

I never posted this saber. I made this saber not to long ago. I wanted to make a saber with the choke in the mid section of the saber. I love this look on a saber, and I have been wanting to make one that’s not PVC. So here it is! I really am BAD with saber names, so I don’t name all my sabers. But what name would you give her? Yeah I said her. It feels like a her to me. See, if I was to name a saber I would give them girl names. To me that’s mocho and ***y! OK Amber is her name. lol

Quick specs:
    X1: Amber 151lm @ 700mA 3.2v
    X1: 12” long hilt
    X1: 3.7 V 900mah lithium ion battery
    X1: Master Replica blade. Modified to 30” or so.
    X1: 2005 Master Replica Darth Vader sound card
    X2: Accent LEDS. One 5mm red blinking & one 3mm blue not blinking.
    X1: SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button.

http://youtu.be/wzmyT3Gl0jY

Thank you guys!!

Cool! Even the non lit pics are amber. You have to introduce like "Here is my saber, her name is Amber." lol. That red greebly looks kinda neat. Is that a wire looping out of the hilt? I tend to try and name all my sabers girls names. But being a girl makes it not so macho for me although I am into a lot of guy stuff.

Just like my daughter. She is a Marine and she schools the guys on what’s hot and not in the comic book and sci-fi movie world. I did a great job with here. lol She’s just a beautiful girl, with a gun!! She’s 21 and out fighting the real fight!! OMG!! I need to make her a saber!
    Thank you Cystal. I know you don't play. And if you say it's a nice saber I feel it's a nice saber.

Well yeah! Heck marines even have sabers in dress uniform IIRC. Maybe you could incorporate some of those elements if possible. I'm sure she love it.

I'm a sucker for center chokes. The blue blinky contrasts the blade nicely too. If you want to center the blade holder with the switches better you could try sanding the heatsink if it's the old style one which I doubt. I'm not sure what solution you'd require for the new ones since I've yet to use them. Personally I'd be tempted to throw in some type of paint/weathering somewhere and maybe a basic overlay but I often have to hold myself back from taking things too far. lol What matters most is that you think it's a good saber or whoever you intend it for.

Now tell me about the red greebly wire loopy thing next to the blue blinky! hehe It's difficult to tell exactly what it is and I like it.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-07-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Well yeah! Heck marines even have sabers in dress uniform IIRC. Maybe you could incorporate some of those elements if possible. I'm sure she love it.

I'm a sucker for center chokes. The blue blinky contrasts the blade nicely too. If you want to center the blade holder with the switches better you could try sanding the heatsink if it's the old style one which I doubt. I'm not sure what solution you'd require for the new ones since I've yet to use them. Personally I'd be tempted to throw in some type of paint/weathering somewhere and maybe a basic overlay but I often have to hold myself back from taking things too far. lol What matters most is that you think it's a good saber or whoever you intend it for.

Now tell me about the red greebly wire loopy thing next to the blue blinky! hehe It's difficult to tell exactly what it is and I like it.
    I got that from an old 05 MR Vader saber I had. You know; the lil plastic wires that come out the saber. I just sanded down the lil pads on it and put in on there with a lil epoxy.

OH...that's what it reminded me off but the pics are blurry and I haven't looked at Vaders much. Some have that some don't IIRC.