Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making My First Saber - Please Check Parts List

You do not need thermal tape on the new style heatsink system. I know first hand. You do not need a 5v regulator with 4 aaa batteries, my Econo works fine with 6v and resistors. Good luck and happy building.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Ok thanks for the info. Now I'm just waiting for the parts to come (they haven't shipped yet).

Thermal tape may not be essential but it is still a very good idea. Think of it this way, you buy it and you LED runs cooler, it costs you a dollar; you don't buy it and you run the risk of cooking your LED, it costs you 10 or more dollars (colour dependant obviously) plus the hassle of replacing it.

I didn't buy any thermal tape because I have some thermal glue/goop
    oczf_intro.jpg
    Last edited by jamilm9; 09-01-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Grammer

Thats just a good, as long as you have something

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos1986 View Post
    You do not need thermal tape on the new style heatsink system. I know first hand. You do not need a 5v regulator with 4 aaa batteries, my Econo works fine with 6v and resistors. Good luck and happy building.
    The thermal tape isn't just for securing the led to the heatsink, it helps transfer more heat from the led into the sink by increasing the contact area between the two.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Eh... Your right it's not essential, so you don't have to have it. That's all i was saying.
    Last edited by Xanatos1986; 09-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Well my parts finally shipped so now I just have to wait 6-10 days.