Thread: i think i'm screwing up...FX conversion n00b help. :(

Default i think i'm screwing up...FX conversion n00b help. :(

i started to take apart my anakin FX to convert to removable blade and eventually to LED
    the adhesive has been a major bitch to work with. i ended up ruining the larger button/cap but was able to salvage the smaller one.

i removed the recharge pins, the hex screw and the two philips.

next was the activation control box. again, i knew the adhesive would be a major pain.
    at first i just could not get it to budge at all, at the sacrifice of the plastic edging as you can see in the pic.
    so i tried heating it with a hair dryer to melt the adhesive. again, frustrated by failure and i stopped to keep from damaging it anymore.
    i can smooth out the plastic by heating it back up so i'm not TOO worried.

but i realized something. i'm almost 99% sure now that i'm prying the WRONG seam. am i supposed to be prying the gold thin cap off and NOT the entire inside black plastic box?

go gentle... again, i'm a n00b.

IMG_20110820_091035.jpg
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post
    i started to take apart my anakin FX to convert to removable blade and eventually to LED
    the adhesive has been a major bitch to work with. i ended up ruining the larger button/cap but was able to salvage the smaller one.

i removed the recharge pins, the hex screw and the two philips.

next was the activation control box. again, i knew the adhesive would be a major pain.
    at first i just could not get it to budge at all, at the sacrifice of the plastic edging as you can see in the pic.
    so i tried heating it with a hair dryer to melt the adhesive. again, frustrated by failure and i stopped to keep from damaging it anymore.
    i can smooth out the plastic by heating it back up so i'm not TOO worried.

but i realized something. i'm almost 99% sure now that i'm prying the WRONG seam. am i supposed to be prying the gold thin cap off and NOT the entire inside black plastic box?

go gentle... again, i'm a n00b.

IMG_20110820_091035.jpg
    Yes, just the thin top piece. The screws are underneath of it .

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

k, thx for the verification. i should've asked first. dammit.
    appreciate it
    The Dark Side is all I have...