Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clash Sensor and Swing Sensor on 05 Vader

now that is sweeeettt mary jane! I've been searching for photos and wiring diagram of a FX board thnx!

And to prove it works

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Well I stand corrected. Thank you Skott. I would be interested to see the results of removing the clash sensor entirely from your setup. What board are you using for the test? As this does make a difference. I refer to the Corbin wiring diagrams that some MR boards have current and others don't traveling along that path.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

IIRC that board came from a ~2009 Anakin ROTS.
    Further testing since then has led me to believe that it's the way the Microcontroller deals with a clash event in software that can cause those resets.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I for one will wait for you to please elaborate all of your findings.

For Nate if your in a hurry, stick with the safe diagrams for now.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

not in a hurry to do something different then what i want

Something else to add. I believe the swing and clash sensors on the MR boards are the exact samething found in TCSS. So what you have is already the best for the job. The lack of swing sensitivity has a lot do with the lousy programming on the MR boards.

Very true. They are the same part numbers
    Note that programming is what makes a difference on the PC, not any different kind of sensor.

ah ok... on a side note would more then one clash sensor or swing sensor be overkill? I'm just asking in general not on this particular board or saber

I know Skott has done a nice video tutorial on using two perpendicular swing sensors for increased sensitivity. I don't see an advantage to using multiple clash sensors, unless you want them placed in different parts of the hilt for some reason.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!