Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clash Sensor and Swing Sensor on 05 Vader

Default Clash Sensor and Swing Sensor on 05 Vader

I was wondering should i replace these sensors and if i did what is the best way to mount them and all that?
    I've read around on here and found a few threads talking about the clash sensor (before TCSS was carrying them) Is it worth it?

Also is there any threads showing how to totally revamp the 05 Vader with new battery holder and all that... more then just to an LED conversion?

I found these threads but no help really:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...=replace+clash
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...=replace+clash

Ok i'm thinking i might want to replace the clash sensor with a momentary switch to take the place of the Fake buttons on the back of the Vader hilt instead.
    However i am disappointed in the swing sensor capabilities so i'm wondering how i can make it more sensitive.
    I did see a thread showing someone who mounted the swing sensors each of them perpendicular to the other. Would that be the route i should go? I'm not sure how i found that thread though

OK found it: Is this Tutorial relevant to me?

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=swing+sensor
    Last edited by Natesroom; 08-16-2011 at 06:59 AM.

No to all. Yes you could replace the clash and swing sensors, but to what end? You would only be replacing them with similar,not better, sensors. The sensor upgrade for the econo boards are to make them more like the MR boards. As you already have an MR and its not broke, don't try and fix it. It is what it is. If you want more capabilities, buy a better board. The PC sold here at TCSS for example.

You absolutely cannot simply replace the clash sensor with a switch and expect it to work the way you think. Good Luck.

Puts away spoon.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

ok... i didnt realize that the upgrade stuff here was what is on the MR board i have now.. So there is a major difference between an Economy board and An MR board correct? I was getting them confused.

So really my secondary question is that it seems like i have read that i can remove the clash sensor and wire it to a momentary switch correct?

See above. Just cause you can do something, doesn't mean you should. A long time ago a member here made a daughter-board that would allow you to place a switch in series with the clash sensor. I really loathe repeating myself but, I don't know where you read what you claim to have read, but I assure you it wont work.

Again, good luck.
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 08-16-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Dude you make it sound like i'm a noob asking idiotic questions and i havent done any searching and i'm just ruining your day
    I really loathe repeating myself but, I don't where you read what you claim to have read, but I assure you it wont work.
    I'll find it i'll post and someone with a little more patience and understanding will either say the same thing you are or actually confirm what i was asking

Edit:

here is the post i was talking about - Maybe i'm reading it wrong

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...587#post163587

Thanks for being so helpful
    Last edited by Natesroom; 08-16-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Here is what i found...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...921#post141921

Is it possible to wire in a momentary switch in between the clash sensor (grey wire)?

Quote Originally Posted by Natesroom View Post
    Dude you make it sound like i'm a noob asking idiotic questions and i havent done any searching and i'm just ruining your day I'll find it i'll post and someone with a little more patience and understanding will either say the same thing you are or actually confirm what i was asking

Edit:

here is the post i was talking about - Maybe i'm reading it wrong

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...587#post163587

Thanks for being so helpful
    Not running my day at all, I wound up with the day off, so I thought I'd pick a noob to help. Congratulations on being here a whole month. Yes sometimes I come off as brash, I call it tough love. When a nearly 5 year vet offers advice, and it would seem I'm the only one who has been offering advice to your last 2 threads, don't scoff. Just take what you can get. Not all medicine goes down smooth with a cherry flavor.

So I will clarify this post for you. Yes each time you push the button with this setup, you will get a single clash sound. 1 ping only. You will lose the impact clash ability. You would in effect have to push that little button each time you wanted it to clash. So say your amidst a duel, each impact of the blade will require you to push the button to get the clash sound effect.I suspect you are thinking that this will give you a lock up ability. It will not. In fact it can even make the board act screwy. If this is what you are going for, then go for it.

Now you could use both(sensor and switch) in parallel, retaining the impact clash, and still have manual control for a single ping clash, in theory at least. When I tried it with out the daughter-board, the results were less than stellar. The switches we use aren't really designed to handle the current as well as the impact sensor. I still have a board that blew one of the transistors for the led . I attribute it to this testing. Just trying to help you avoid simple mistakes.
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 08-16-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Not to start a flame war, in fact I'm not even gonna come back and read any responses.... but are snarky lil comments like "Puts away spoon" completely necessary? Sometimes I'm really put off by the way some people are treated on this forum, which is exactly why I personally haven't even commented on anything or used the shoutbox in over 3 months. But the "elite" attitude that some people exude, I think needs to stop.

Now I perfectly understand stupid questions, I understand how they anger the "elite" and make you wanna beat down those noobs with your poly-carbonate blades. But, in this instance at the very least, Natesroom has at least gone and tried to find the information he needs. I can speak from personal experience, the search tool is not easy to use. I have to bookmark certain threads just to find them again. And some posts on those threads are just plain confusing to those new to this. Also, using "keywords" doesn't always work to find those things you seek. Now I must say, at least on this thread, the snarky comments are at a minimum. I just hope you elite saber builders notice this soap box post and take a step back before you go and reply to someone seeking help. The elitism and snarky attitudes in my opinion need to stop. People spend a lot on this hobby, and as such ask a lot of questions so they don't blow alot of money on something they don't need.

I'm stepping off my soap box now.

Now, Natesroom, you could very well if you so chose to, replace the sensors with momentary switches, but the only real problem with that is the realism. You simply have to stay on top of that button and hit it whenever you want the sound, which may or may not get annoying, it's just a personal choice i suppose. One other option, is to actually wire a momentary switch in parallel to the sensor, so you still get the hit sounds when they would happen naturally "in battle" and you could also have the switch activate the same sounds at will. That way you don't sacrifice either. Personally, I wouldn't do that, just because I'm not the best at electronics and my wiring skills are pretty... bad. From personal experience, simplicity is best. Unless you know wtf you're doing of course...
    "War is the end result of the failures of the human condition. It is the result of those persons who want to assure their place in history, and those whole fail to learn from that history... "

"All a man can do is hope that he never has to show what he is truly capable of..."

Umbral Lotus Knives

I appreciate the help both of your responses were very informative...

I lurked on the board for a while before i actually joined... I did do research and i was finally taking apart the 05 Vader for the first time last night and i ran across these issues. I dont actually duel anyone with them so i wanted to be able to make the clash happen when i wanted it to. Nothing is more frustrating than to show off the blade to a "non believer" and then have to hit the hilt or the blade a few times to finally make it clash. I was thinking about wiring 2 clash sensors like you said: one to a momentary switch and one normal if that's possible.

One other option, is to actually wire a momentary switch in parallel to the sensor, so you still get the hit sounds when they would happen naturally "in battle" and you could also have the switch activate the same sounds at will
    Last edited by Natesroom; 08-16-2011 at 09:14 AM.

No need for 2 sensors just add the switch.
    FXsoundregulated.jpg
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 08-16-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Adding pi