Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My new MHS saber

I like the coloring of it. It is long BUT one of the best I've seen I like it alot. Great job my friend.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

I like the color scheme. What color Powder Coat is on the grip areas?

Turned out very nicely! Kinda makes me think Light-claymore with the size of it! The powder coat on the grips looks awesome too!
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

Both extensions are black chrome and the blade holder is candy gold. I was hoping the black would be a little bit darker and the gold would be a bit closer to the color of the trim rings, but it still turned out great. Thanks everyone

Nice saber. I also like it. You could give Petit Crouton a try, the soundboard comes with a booklet of how to put it together. If you want sound for your saber anyway. You would just have to change the buttons is all. I'm still aiming to do my first Petit Crouton build in the future.

Way too long for me, but like others have said, I love that dark aluminum coloring. Your gold and dark colors work well together. Well done!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

NICE!

this saber looks verry good, colors are just awsome, sound or no this is a verry nice saber and it gets 2 thumbs up from me =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Thanks y'all. Sound might be nice for some, but personally I don't like sound in my sabers because they drain battery faster, at cons other certain events its hard or impossible to hear, even the best swing sensors are fairly inaccurate at deciding on what is and is not a swing which leads to swing sounds when you are motionless, sound can become irritating after prolonged exposure to it at cons and such, and last but not least you cant hear sound in pictures. So taking all that into consideration, I just can't justify over 100 dollars for a soundboard that I would most likely fry with my sub-par soldering skills.

When I first read this post, I had a number of preconceptions. I sat at my computer and arrogantly thought, "Oh, that length will never work. It's way too long. No sound? Are you nuts? And MY first saber will definitely have a crystal chamber!" and other such things that showed that my big head was way up in the clouds.

Then, I got to the pictures of the freshly built saber and fell in love.

Now, I sit here humbled but maybe a bit wiser. Your experience has taught me a valuable lesson: ANY saber made with a bit of planning can turn out awesome! Even without sound or flashy effects, your build is fantastic.

Thank you for this fresh perspective.