Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My new MHS saber

Default My new MHS saber

New Saber.jpg
    I just put in the order for the parts for this saber today. Its going to have a blue P4 LED with blue ring AV switch. I'm thinking about putting black O rings into the small grooves on the blade holder, not sure if that will make it look tacky though. Ill post more pics once it arrives and once its complete.

this is a long saber... im guessing this is going to have sound and crystal chamber.

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Wow...that IS long. you could almost make two sabers out of it. Looks alright otherwise. I doubt the black chrome will be that dark. In some pics you'd think it was plain aluminum but it's still a nice PC colour.

As already mentioned that is long, about 16" I reckon. to try and give a sence of scale, the fret board on a guitar is 19".

Also I noticed you're using trim rings next to the pommel and PC parts

Should not be used next to a pommel if using a speaker mount that is locked in place via the pommel.
    May not fit powder coated parts without modification.
    From Here

ya it is going to be long, A crystal chamber would be nice upgrade later but now that is far beyond my skill level, I would have made it shorter but I wanted both the ribbed and grooved and the grooved double female extensions but I didn't want the activation box to be on either one of them which meant i needed to add one of the smooth sections and the 4" was the shortest that would not likely interfere with the threads. As far as the trim rings, I'm aware of the PC problem, I'll just use a Dremel to get them to fit. And I'm not worried about the trim ring against the pommel because I'm not adding sound.

I don't know though, maybe it would look better if i took off the forward ribbed and grooved extension and replaced it with choke style 2. Then I could just use the extension on another saber, wait till I can use it to make a crystal chamber, or just eBay it. Opinions? I still have another order to make cause some of the internals and extras I wanted are out of stock, so I'm not needing this completed immediately which should give me time to think.
    Last edited by ssj4sith; 08-16-2011 at 09:45 AM.

with a saber this long you may aswell add sound even a cheep hasbeo econ sound board will make this feel like more of a lightsaber. its not hard to do at all and the only hard thing about a crystal chamber is how its going to be laid out. but you dont need sound or crystal chamber if you dont want to its your choice and being as you have time to work on this build you may just wanna give it a think =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

The main reason I don't want sound is cause I'll be trooping with it so, sound would either get kind of annoying after a while or be inaudible over background noise, not to mention drain battery faster. I would like to do a crystal chamber, but im not that good a planning stuff like that out. I would have little idea how to set up the chassis or the reveal method.

Ive also been thinking about getting a long blade and making it a kind of bastard sword style saber.

i use 40in blades in all my sabers =) but im one of the few that like long blades others like 36in cuz the blade lights up better. all mine have ben nice looking so im happy with the long blades....... that and Battle Arena Toshinden was the first game i ever mastered and was unbeatable in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Arena_Toshinden my fave Character was Duke and he used a LONG sword me and him never lost so thanks to him i have a love for long blades

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np...duke-green.jpg
    ^^^^^
    this is duke

off topic i know but just had to let ya know =) also just have a look aroung at other peoples sabers with crystal chambers and it will start to make sence. and if you think sound is going to drain the bettery it will but you can always carry more then one charged battery with you. this link is to a nice saber with a simple crystal chamber you may have seen it but i just want to show you http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...o-saber./page5 i dont want you to feel that im pushing you to sound all im trying to show you is the how of the crystal chamber the one in this link is easy. however you could try something like this http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rystal+chamber

sorry to throw alot at you but in my own odd and maybe unwelcome way im just trying to help. i have never made a crystal chamber myself but im in the middle of puting one togeather and its a bit of a pain but its fun watching it evolve
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 08-25-2011 at 01:27 AM.

NP, I appreciate the input. This is my 3rd build, but the first two were really simple mirror images of each other, so I'm still pretty new at all of this. Ya, that Vader crystal chamber is awesome, but I have none of the tooling to do or make any of that. I'm pretty much limited to what TCSS sells. Maybe I can figure out something with the chassis system that TCSS sells.

Finally I can update this! My saber came in the mail today. I was afraid the length of the handle was going to be unwieldy and/or awkward, but it turned out beautifully. The only things I were a little disappointed about was some of the stuff didn't align like I wanted and I was hoping the chrome black and candy gold would be a bit more vivid, but they still look great. However despite this all I'm still very pleased how it all turned out. The handle is slightly over 16 inches in length and the blade is 40". all in all the saber is about shoulder height to me.