Thread: Blade Flicker without Sound???

Default Blade Flicker without Sound???

Hi all.

I have been doing some events in very noise-heavy, dim lighting environments as of late and was trying to determine if there is any way to create a saber blade Flicker (idle flicker pulse, saw tooth, etc) without the need and power eating of a standard Sound Board with flicker function onboard. Being that the sound effects are utterly lost while at these locations it seems such a waste to have to power the sound just for the visual effect.

Any suggestions are most welcome. I am sure there are plenty of tech-heads out there that can build simple circuits for this effect, it is just very much beyond my level of electronic experience.

I take it the Static Shimmer would work for my needs on a Constant Current Driver?

I think you will have to tell us if it will work for your needs.

Experimentation.. the heart of any good saber build.

The Shimmer / Flicker Effect given life... with Ramp Up/Down and all the usual goodness of the TCSS Constant Current LED Driver.

Sadly, the camera sees the flicker far better than the eye does. I will have to try the various colors and see if a blue or red grabs the eye's notice a bit better.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 08-19-2011 at 05:42 PM.