Thread: The Dark Father V2

Default The Dark Father V2

Hello everyone,
    This is the saber I put together for my birthday. (Thank you Love.) This is going to be my new stunt saber. It features:
    New BH style 14
    2-1.25 sink tube adapters
    1.25 sink tube
    9 o-rings, 2" black heatshrink
    Pommel 10, pommel inseret 10
    red dot mom switch
    Red lux rebel, 8.7 degree lens
    2010, Hasbro Econo board
    TCSS Clash sensor & 2 swing sensors
    TCSS speaker
    1-18650 Li-Ion, recharge port
    black covertech wheel
    red led in pommel
    1" trasns white thick walled blade
    It turns out, I was able to sneak a saber in while studying. I plan on finishing my Darth Nihl saber next, I just really wanted to build this one first.
    Here are some pics.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Dark Father with the Dark Father V2.

Here's a quick video.
    http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/a...=DFatherV2.mp4
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 10-08-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Looks nice. Good, even shrinkage on the grip. Not too flashy. It just has a no-nonsense, "this is my weapon" kind of feel to it.

You may want to trim down your blade set screw a bit, or use a shorter one. Other than that, I find no fault with this saber. Congrats!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Looks great! I like how much balance Pommel 10 adds to a hilt, with the larger diameter blade holders. I assume the main grip is a 1 1/4 in sink tube, the slimmer diameter with the heatshrink must give a great feel in your hand.

And Happy Birthday!

Looks amazing! No nonsence! I'm particularly impressed with how well the blade came out - I've been wondering which one to use Im now deffinatly sold on the trans white!
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

QUOTE=Silver Serpent;202369]Looks nice. Good, even shrinkage on the grip. Not too flashy. It just has a no-nonsense, "this is my weapon" kind of feel to it.

You may want to trim down your blade set screw a bit, or use a shorter one. Other than that, I find no fault with this saber. Congrats![/QUOTE]
    S.S. Thank you. I do plan using a shorter set screw. With the heatshrink, I had to do it twice. The fist time I put it on I just ran my heat gun over the whole grip. The one half shrunk up nice the other end shrunk up & formed a seal around the first o-ring & created an air bubble in the grip. I just cut it off, used some more heatshrink & worked from the center of the hilt out toward the ends. Like you said, it's a no-nonsense weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Odious View Post
    Looks great! I like how much balance Pommel 10 adds to a hilt, with the larger diameter blade holders. I assume the main grip is a 1 1/4 in sink tube, the slimmer diameter with the heatshrink must give a great feel in your hand.

And Happy Birthday!
    Thank you Odious, pommel 10 does balance out the hilt nicely. Yes, I did use a 1.25" sink tube for the main body of the hilt, & I do love the way the heatshrink & o-ring combo feels; it makes for an excellent grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
    Looks amazing! No nonsence! I'm particularly impressed with how well the blade came out - I've been wondering which one to use Im now deffinatly sold on the trans white!
    Thank you Elodin. I really appreciate it. I'm totally sold on the 1" thick walled trans white blades, all you have to do is glue the tip on. You don't have to use any type of diffuser. What I'm really impressed with is how bright the Luxeon Rebel is. That is a great led.

well done Darth Midian!
    The grip idea is great - I like it. Well executed as well.
    Yub Yub Commander.

renexardroma

Nice and bright.

This reminds me of that Gator saber. Just the color set up. But I think this is the one. You other one was good, but this one is better!! GREAT JOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    This reminds me of that Gator saber. Just the color set up. But I think this is the one. You other one was good, but this one is better!! GREAT JOB!!
    Thank you everyone. I really love this saber. Thank you Ripper; the first Dark Father is pvc, V2 is just awesomeness. The 1.25 sink tube adaters are great, this is a nice solid saber.