Thread: wiring schematics, lots and lots out there. But cant find what i need.

Default wiring schematics, lots and lots out there. But cant find what i need.

So i have spent the last month just reading. Then slowly i asked 2 questions over at the TCSS and both were answered perfectly. Thanks goes out to Tim for his help.
    Now the hard part, asking my first question here. I have read the noob pages, forum guide lines and watched people ask the same questions over and over. watching people on the form tell them over and over to look around and read more. So in fear of the dreaded "your a noob and wont do your own research" reply. I then spent the last week creeping around here looking for my answer. What i came up with is this. Yes it can be done, watch my cool video of it and lots of way to goes and great saber comments. And yes they were all relay relay outstanding sabers. Everyone one here has works of art each with his own touch of style and pizzazz.
    But a could not find what i was looking for as far as answers go. So i have to given. Face the firing squad and just ask for help.

To start i know how to solder, know a little about DC voltage, What a Watt is and enough to get by with a little help.

Here's what i am looking for.

A wiring schematic for a 10 watt RGB LED using a Petit Crouton sound Module. I would like to put all 3 colors on 3 different Potentiometer Rotary Switch's. But if that will not work then RB on with G on for clash and blaster blocks. I know i will be cramming a lot into my sink tube because of power requirements, 2 switches a kill key, at least one blinking led and possibly 3 Potentiometers. The LED i am looking at is rated at Red: 7V ~ 7.5V, 350mA
    Green: 9.5V ~ 11V, 350mA Blue: 9.5V ~ 11V, 350mA. If yo can suggest a better 10W RGB for the schematic please let me know. I know i will need other parts to make it flicker, flash and crash right with out burning out the board. I just dont know what parts. That's where you guys come in. I have seen it done here, even watched a youtube Vid of a guy in his boxers showing his off. Also read the comments to him about the boxers.
    I have looked at so many wiring diagrams in the last week my eyes are melting. So if any one out there in saber land can help me out i will bend on one knee and give you thanks and parse. I also promos to never ask how to wire up a Hasbro bored, what LED is the best or brightest, how to tin, solder, or heat shrink, How to make a black saber blade and will never film my self in my boxers.

Thank you all for making this possible for me.
    "A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
    "Choose what is right, not what is easy"

how do you solder and is it possible to make a black blade???

Flash on Clash (FoC) is not natively supported by the PC. It is supported by the Crystal Focus. I don't believe there are any diagrams available for building your own FoC circuit, though at least one of our members is actively developing their own addon board for that purpose.

Keep in mind that hot-swapping different colored LEDs with a PC is not a good idea. You need to completely cut the power to the board before you switch colors. If you switch from green to red without killing power, you're very likely to blow out the red LED.

Black blades are easily done with broomsticks, spraypaint, and imagination.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

i was just kidding, though!

Fully driving a 10w LED with a PC can be tricky. I'm running 2 dice of a 10w GGGG LedEngin in one of my sabers, and it's eating up almost all the available power to run those. Dropping down to a 5w RGB LED could allow you more options with a reasonable power source (i.e. 2 Li-ions). I believe CREE makes some decent 5w RGBs, and possibly LedEngin as well. I've been using solid colors myself, so I'm not sure which ones are easier to work with.

RGB is a hard term to search for on these forums, but check through some of the advice and links in this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...RGB-lightsaber
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

If your using a PC, a 10W might be somewhat overkill. Will it be cool and will it work? Yes. But, you will not really be using it to its full potential. I would suggest finding some other RGB's. I use certain 3W RGB that are plenty bright and serve my purposes well. Best of luck on your build!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Thank you for your help. Still trying to decide what to do now.

a 5w is looking more and more the way to go. Just more and more options that way. thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 08-07-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    "A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
    "Choose what is right, not what is easy"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Please don't double post, especially with posts so close together in time. Use the Edit Post button.

Thanks

I merged your 2 posts.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!