Thread: Blaster block on my cheapo Obi-wan hasbro board.

Lightbulb Blaster block on my cheapo Obi-wan hasbro board.

First, I apologize again if this has already been posted.

I am kind of juiced, because I did this. But I was taking apart a saber because the build was not as good as my newer sabers are. And I was rewiring the board (cheapo Obi-wan ) when I was thinking, “Man I wish this thing had lock and or blaster block. Then I thought of a post I read when someone said the clash was just a switch. (!idea!) So I thought what if I solder a switch to the other side of the board to the clash? So I did it and it worked!!! My clash is now connected to a button. The cheapo boards have a flicker when they collide anyway so, in my mind, I’ll take that as a cheapo clash flash. But now I have blaster block in a way. I was so happy!
    Has anyone els come across this? I would think so, because it’s simple really. Will this do any harm to the board? I hope not because I am very happy with this. I’m doing to do this to all my boards from now on.

renexardroma

yea i did this on a cheapo yoda 2002 (my testing board).

Yep. One of my two is set up that way. (WOuld have done both but my wife didn't want it on hers.)

I did that with the swing sensor on my red saber, for like, you know when you really wanna swing it like a madman.

(The timeout/power off sucks if you don't press it every 30 seconds though)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Odious View Post
    I did that with the swing sensor on my red saber, for like, you know when you really wanna swing it like a madman.

(The timeout/power off sucks if you don't press it every 30 seconds though)
    On the swing you say.. What do you mean the power off sucks if you don't press it every 30 seconds? Will it just keep swinging?

Has anyone foud a way to do lock on these boards?

If the hasbro econo board doesn't register a swing or a clash for 30 seconds, it will automatically power off. This is useful for the actual toy, when you don't want to be replacing the batteries every day because Junior forgot to turn the saber off when he went to sleep. It's less useful for us adults, since we tend to learn if we have to keep buying batteries. Or else we switch to rechargeables.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!