Thread: Brightness Red Leds, MR Soundboard setup, Resistors?

Default Brightness Red Leds, MR Soundboard setup, Resistors?

Hey a quick question, I want to convert a MR Vader... Now there are two LED choices Lux Rebel and P4 (Red).

1. Whats the better choice of em?

2. What in general is a good choice for red LEDs in the 3w and 5w range?

3. The Conversion thread says you should use a P4 or Lux III (similar to Rebel?). Moreover in the thread the LED is simply wired to the MR Board without a resistor. But since P4 and Rebel Reds have lower electrical or voltage needs than blue or green ones wont a red one be fried? (No resistors needed?)

Thanks in advance!

Marco

BTW: Kinda tried to find an answer with the search function and in the chat. As far as the chat is concerned I actually was told that I need a resistor on both LEDs and that the conversion thread/tutorial is sort of outdated because the earlier P4s weren´t as sensitive as the newer ones...?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Marco

The info you got in the chat was correct. As far as I am aware you need a resistor for all red leds as red in general takes less voltage than other colors and the MR board puts out too much for them.

Information such as voltage and current for various LEDs is all over these forums as well as the internet at places you would buy such LEDs, so keep looking and I'm sure you will find what you need.

I asked my wife if i could get a $5,000 lathe and she said "...no, but thanks for asking." : D

Thanks alot just one lil other q. if the LED calculator says I need a lets say 3.3 ohm resistor but I want to overdrive the LED how much could I lower that resistor? Like 1 ohm or do I have to find that out with trial and error?