Thread: Question about batteries

Default Question about batteries

I just finished my first PVC LED hilt (Hooray!) but noticed the batteries were getting a little warm. So I took them out immediately, and tried them in a whole range of devices to find the same effect. The batteries in question are Energizer Ultimate Lithium L92-FR03 AAA 1.5v batteries. I don't think they should be getting warm at all. All the other non-lithium batteries I use don't Is this a normal side effect? Or should I be worried and buy new batteries? Thanks!
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome

I've never used the 1.5v lithiums before. It's possible the high draw on the battery is causing them to heat up. If they're just warm, you shouldn't have a problem. If they're actually uncomfortably hot to touch, you may have an issue somewhere.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

They're just warm. I switched half the batteries out for other AAA's I had. No warming issues. They weren't ever uncomfortably warm, but enough to make a nifty hand warmer if you're cold.
    "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also."
    -Marcus Aurelius, one of the Five Good Emperors of Rome