Thread: double a, trustfire or...

Default double a, trustfire or...

So I'm in the hospital and half asleep as I post this. Wife may be going into labor hehe.
    Anyways earlier today I got the chance to wok on a saber I started last year. The sound and led driver is an Mr fx Yoda. I had a 4aaa setup going but while installing the dummy wire for the fourth cell I yucked the holder up. So e erything is ready to go but the battery.
    I want to order up some two wire quick connects for the switch and maybe a pli so I thought wh not build in the rechargable bat pack?

What would y'all reccomend for a general mhs setup? I don't think I have room for the recharge port so was thinking two trustfires. The led is green if it matters.

I'm half asleep again so forgive me ift this post is redundant and repetitive.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

i think one 3.7v Li-ion would do the trick you should get 40min or so runtime with the saber i think.

congrats on the child by the way =)

I've run the MR Yoda board on 6 volts before without a dummy cell or jumper wire in the 4-AAA battery holder. If you're concerned about damaging the board with too much voltage, just use some NiMH rechargeables for 4.8volts.

Thejedilestat is also correct in that a single 3.7v Li-ion battery will power the set up just fine. If you have room, an 18650 will provide plenty of run time.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks guys
    so for a single cell setup what would you suggest as the trustfires look to be larger than a aa if I read the store right.
    Wire it up as rechargeable for use with the smart charger?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Ok so I'm my cart is a two pack 3.7 trust fire (the large ones), recharge port, pcb for 3.7 since i'd only be using one, smart charger and charger adapter.
    Anything else I'm missing? Oh and the jst connectors for the switch.

I

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeQuadFive View Post
    Ok so I'm my cart is a two pack 3.7 trust fire (the large ones), recharge port, pcb for 3.7 since i'd only be using one, smart charger and charger adapter.
    Anything else I'm missing? Oh and the jst connectors for the switch.

I
    If the description on the pack says protected, then it already has a PCB installed in the cell and you do not need to buy one. Putting an extra one on it will only screw up how it recharges. For the future, if you are just using one cell, then protected is fine. If you are using 2 then get unprotected and add a PCB. I hope this helps.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Indeed it doe sir, danke

the 18650s are just over 5/8" thick and almost exactly 2 1/2" long. Much larger than a AA.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place