Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxes and Swithes

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Default Boxes and Swithes

Hey all, another question. If I was using the box style 1, would the standard switch http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pu...tton--P40.aspx work or would I need a tactile switch? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P261.aspx I really need help on this one.

You really need to learn how to figure things out for yourself. Try reading the item description for box 1. Does it say anything about whether or not it is made for a particular switch? What does that tell you?

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

In his defense, The description says;
    Activation box style 1
    The cards that we sell will fit the upper cutout.

This is designed to be mounted by two 6-32 screws and have the center hole for wires to pass through.
    and the dimensions
    2" long x .6" tall (from the outside edge) x .8" wide

I read the description myself before I posted. I don't see how that defends him. He asked which switch works with it. My point is that it isn't like the boxes for the AV switches. It doesn't "work" with a switch. If it did, it would clearly be labeled as such. Zekk has posted NUMEROUS threads asking questions like these. He needs to learn to ask HIMSELF the right questions or he'll never learn how to find his own answers.

I'm new to these forums but I have to say, is there a need to respond to a new user like this? If you know what thread he can find it in, give him a link and tell him how you found it. Building a saber, as I found out over the past few days, isn't an easy task and it's a lot of money that people don't want to waste on parts.

I understand flaming people requesting black blades, but all he needs is a "yes" or a "no". Just my two cents, I know my thread is in MHS is full of these kind of things buuuut I'm also on a bit of a deadline, lol.

Well first of all what he asked wasn't a "yes" or "no" question. Secondly, I never flamed him. I'm not trying to be rude to him, I'm trying to help him solve his own problems. Thirdly, he's not a new user. Fourthly, if a thread exists that answers his question, no one should have to point him to it. He should find it by searching. Fifthly, this isn't the sort of question that even OUGHT to require a thread since all of the information he needed was in the item description. Sixthly, don't go into a thread trying to insight an argument where there isn't one. If Zekk feels offended he can say so himself and I will apologize because it was NOT my intent.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Zekk is not brand new to these forums. He registered a year ago.

He's already been warned in the past about excessive post-whoring and starting too many threads.

He needs to take more time to read better and find his own answers.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Okay, I can understand if he has a previous history and past warnings so there could be some frustration behind responses like this. I thought he was a new member because I scrolled up and saw a "3" next to blog entries and thought it was the forum posts for some reason. I'm not trying to entice an argument, I just don't like seeing people getting bullied for having a question that they're having a hard time finding, especially when I'm trying to write an article on how great the community is, lol. I will be honest, though. I had a hard time finding the answer to his question myself (I've only been here a few days so that might be why) so I don't believe his question is completely irrelevant. I just find it easier to link someone to what they're looking for than it is to get in an argument with someone who's just asking for help. /soapbox

Quote Originally Posted by whenbearsreign View Post
    I just find it easier to link someone to what they're looking for than it is to get in an argument with someone who's just asking for help. /soapbox
    No one was arguing, and if you look at my first post in this thread you will see that I did tell him EXACTLY where to look. I didn't need to link because he's already BEEN to the product page. Let's not start an argument now over it, and let's try not to derail Zekk's thread any more than it already has been.

Zekk, a lot of the parts in the store aren't designed to be used in ONE particular way. This box is a good example. It has a hole for wires if you choose to install a switch, but it wasn't actually made to hold any switch in place. A switch could be installed on an aluminum plate, or a hole could be drilled in the side of the box, or a slide switch could be installed in the box to be connected to one of the cards sold in the store, or you could do just about anything else you can think of. Do you WANT to use a particular switch? Do you know what you want the finished piece to look like? If you have SPECIFIC questions about the dimensions of a particular switch or something similar we will be happy to help you, but the question you asked won't yield a good result because you haven't really provided enough information or, it would seem, put enough thought into it yourself.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quote Originally Posted by whenbearsreign View Post
    Okay, I can understand if he has a previous history and past warnings so there could be some frustration behind responses like this. I thought he was a new member because I scrolled up and saw a "3" next to blog entries and thought it was the forum posts for some reason. I'm not trying to entice an argument, I just don't like seeing people getting bullied for having a question that they're having a hard time finding, especially when I'm trying to write an article on how great the community is, lol. I will be honest, though. I had a hard time finding the answer to his question myself (I've only been here a few days so that might be why) so I don't believe his question is completely irrelevant. I just find it easier to link someone to what they're looking for than it is to get in an argument with someone who's just asking for help. /soapbox
    Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. However, yes I may have many questions, but isn't that part of this hobby? Asking questions until you get it right? I don't mean to be a pain but you're kind of being a little hypocritical when you do that! And like whenbearsreign said, it's kind of anti-productive to start such an arguement over a simple question when he's trying to write an article about how informative and supportive I KNOW this forum really is... So I apologize, but I stand by the fact that I really wasn't being totally outlandish in asking a question.

EDIT: I didnt read TimeRender's last post in time, must have posted same time. I looked at the item (Box style 1) and it did NOT say which switch it was meant (as you said it being designed for one part) and it didn't give me information that I understood to be a directory to a specific part. So I don't really know what to do, hense the question in the first place.

EDIT2: I would like to use either the basic switch in the Seoul P4 kit, or the mini tactile switch, but the whole reason for needing information was because i didn't know if the standard switch would fit inside the box, which is why i asked if I need a tactile switch. I was trying to be as specific as possible, so I apologize for not stating that in my original post, but that is why I posted, was to find out if I had to buy the tac tyile switch because the other would not fit.
    Last edited by Jedi_Knight_Zekk; 07-29-2011 at 05:54 PM.