Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meraxes Saber

Default Meraxes Saber

A little while back I decided that I wanted to revisit my 2nd saber (link here), it was originally my personal saber. While it did work, I was never happy with it, I was still new and learning and made alot of design mistakes, shrouds were a little off, nicked the sinktube a few times and what not. I've kept it as a reminder that I can always get better with practice. With that in mind I started on what I call Meraxes. I took the name from a dragon from the books Game of Thrones, no reason in particular just because I liked the way it sounded. I did all the work on this piece myself, which I am very proud of since I have never attempted to powder coat anything before and I feel like this has been my best saber yet.

Meraxes

Luxeon V Cyan bin 2
    (2)17500 Li-ionPc-U with Shadeslingers Valkyrie
    2-3mm accent led 1 blue, 1 cyan
    H.O. speaker
    Main body Solar Rain pc, Shield Wet Black pc

This is a led bezel housing with a Graflex pin glued in the center for a little something extra

here's a youtube vid also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y91tb0EfSBk

wow... i really love this look, it is so cool!

Is that MHS sleeve material or sink tube on the lower portion?

Quote Originally Posted by Natesroom View Post
    wow... i really love this look, it is so cool!

Is that MHS sleeve material or sink tube on the lower portion?
    both shrouds and the shield are mhs sleeve material

Solid design, bro. Good job, and keep it up.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

I'm a little conflicted on the design but the execution is AWESOME! Really nice work. The soft rounded edges on the sleeves look great. PC too...sweet.

This is one sweet saber! Really like the design, it feels alot like it really is meant to be a machine that works, but has a design style also. Really like the Graflex pin detail. I just bought some of the small ones from Tims shop to add on my saber as a tribute to their origins.
    Once again, sweet!

Nice refresh!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Awesome! It's not a saber design I would like personally, but you did a darn good job on it! I like the polishing of the MHS and the gloss black powder coating. They go well together. Also, the edges of your shroud work are great!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

The polish on that saber is ten levels of win.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Very cool hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."